Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRC back to N Ireland?

2 posters

Go down

WRC back to N Ireland? Empty WRC back to N Ireland?

Post  CDM Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am

Spotted this on the Autosport pages

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/149443/fresh-hope-for-northern-ireland-wrc-bid

Perhaps some will know more about this?

I read somewhere that it might alternate with Rally GB??

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

WRC back to N Ireland? Empty Re: WRC back to N Ireland?

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri May 15, 2020 2:59 pm

WRC keen to have rally GB move around. Not likely to happen for a while given current situation. There would also then be the issue of it crossing the border for more exposure. Then you get all the complication of the last time. With Bretix looming crossing the border might not be an option owing to customs checks. I think too the WRC is becoming like F1-increasingly irrelevant to the average punter and with the green regs of 2022 coming it's just getting dafter and dafter.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Fri May 15, 2020 4:49 pm

We had heard rumours circulating on last years WRC Rally GB, but they apparently were just that !!!

As you rightly say Brexit could make crossing the border a bit more difficult, also the extra ferry crossing to add to the costs, green regs ruined the best motorsport live or on TV - Rallycross, so lets hope the manufactures don't leave WRC like they did in rallycross.

Having followed rallying from the 70s and still do now I don't really care about the politics I just enjoy the spectacle the anticipation, if we are spectating working out the best places to watch and how to get there just like we always have done, if we are WRC timekeeping/marshalling/radio just happy to be involved at the pinnacle of our sport, if you have not seen or heard a WRC car at full speed in Finland, Spain wherever its still a spectacle. I will rephrase that its f*****g brilliant.

Lets enjoy & support our sport until someone says we cant or we are to old to care!!! We will miss it when its gone...

CD

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down