Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions about decals and paper

4 posters

Go down

Few questions about decals and paper Empty Few questions about decals and paper

Post  Speedy Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Couple of quick questions on decals and decal paper

1. What water slide paper do people recommend?..will be using an inkjet printer
2. If I have logos am I ok using Photoshop Elements for resizing?
3. Should I use a lacquer on the paper or lacquer the car after the conversion?

Basic background to what I have planned is that I want to convert a 205T16 Altaya rally car into a Dimma bodied road car, just waiting on donor cars to arrive. Will be filling in the holes in the bonnet with milliput and not sure what colour it will be yet, grey and white are in the running so far. Want to put Dimma decals on the bottom of the doors and maybe on the windscreen.

Any advise greatly welcome
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Few questions about decals and paper Empty Re: Few questions about decals and paper

Post  bmd Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 am

peter if you're using an inkjet printer you must clear lacquer the sheet with a couple of ccoats after printing, and let dry before wetting it or the ink will run and they will be unusable ...i buy from mr decal paper myself but have used others in the past...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Few questions about decals and paper Empty Re: Few questions about decals and paper

Post  reeft1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Im also a user of Mr Decal paper. Cost effective and works fine if properly lacquered on ink jet printers
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  cowfeeder Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:26 pm

Eve Peter
I have used decal paper from Mr Decal as well, seems to work fine both in clear and white. As already mentioned once printed the decal paper needs spraying with lacquer if using Ink Jet printer, once applied I dry it with a hair drier on medium heat setting.
You can tell that you have it covered ok with lacquer as it will have a smooth sheen and not a blotchy appearance.
Mark
cowfeeder
cowfeeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down