Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well hello there!...

3 posters

Go down

Well hello there!... Empty Well hello there!...

Post  Cowley Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:26 am

Good morning everyone, from an 'old friend'! Laughing

Hope you are all keeping safe and well in this mad world that we currently find very normal? I'm confident that we all long for a return of the previous, much more enjoyable existence.

I am still very much up to the same, still designing decals, still building for myself and others, but very much Facebook based these days rather than this forum. Just thought I would drop in the catch up, and say "Hi!" to you all though.

As I am quite busy, and my latest role at work is quite disruptive to my hobby - I'm sure I'm not alone! - I have taken the stance of saying that I won't be able to take on any new orders until I've cleared the current order book backlog. If you're in that backlog, then I apologise, and I will get to you in due course - I may just need a subtle reminder though!  Rolling Eyes

Take care, and keep safe....
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

bobby clinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Well hello there!... Empty Re: Well hello there!...

Post  bmd Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:32 am

hey david, good to hear from you, hope you and yours are doing ok in this weird current situation.... not much new here, activity has indeed decreased over last couple of years as folk move on and interests change, but still a few of the old farts hanging about and still working away at our collections and conversions...as one of those old farts myself, i'm afraid i dont do social media so see very few FB items unless someone posts it on here, but hoping your endeavours are proving fruitful, i know i speak for others too when i say i remember the quality of yor work so i'm sure it hasnt changed,,,
anyway, great to hear from you mate, stay safe, and do stay in touch with the forum when you can.. Smile Smile
bmd
bmd

Cowley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

Good to see you post on here David. Still see your Facebook posts.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:55 pm

bmd wrote:hey david, good to hear from you, hope you and yours are doing ok in this weird current situation.... not much new here, activity has indeed decreased over last couple of years as folk move on and interests change, but still a few of the old farts hanging about and still working away at our collections and conversions...as one of those old farts myself, i'm afraid i dont do social media so see very few FB items unless someone posts it on here, but hoping your endeavours are proving fruitful, i know i speak for others too when i say i remember the quality of yor work so i'm sure it hasnt changed,,,
anyway, great to hear from you mate, stay safe, and do stay in touch with the forum when you can.. Smile Smile
Good to hear from you too, Billy - hope you and the family are well?

Glad to hear that the 'old farts' are still keeping the forum ticking over. Laughing It is inevitable that forums struggle since the boom in social media and instant notifications. The amount of rallying and model groups on there is truly mindblowing, and still growing at great pace as well.

CODE343 is still going and going from strength to strength, thanks for asking. I would love to do it fulltime, unfortunately I don't think it would ever generate sufficient funds whilst I still have a mortgage around my neck - after that, it's a touch more feasible. Thank you very much for the very kind words though - I always said that I would only ever supply models to collectors that I would be happy to display in my own private collection. They take longer as a result, but I'd like to think that the clients think they are worth the wait once they see the final product.

I will try and keep in touch with you all on a more regular basis, no promises though. I know that the Metro 6R4 Definitive List that 'Zeus' started, is desperate for an update, but I'm also aware that I have released a great deal more new decal sets as well, and also possibly built some new models that are arguably worth sharing on here.

Healthwise, the family are all well, thank you. My wife lost her job in a public house as a result of the pandemic, and is still searching for a replacement. Something will turn up, I'm sure.

Take care and keep safe....
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 pm

reeft1 wrote:Good to see you post on here David. Still see your Facebook posts.
Many thanks, Paul - good to see you're still here as well, mate.

As I mentioned to Billy, life is very much different for us all these days, not only social media from replacing forums, but also the 'new normal' replacing the for more enjoyable 'old normal' that we all relished.

Pleased to know you still see my FB posts - as I do yours.

How are you liking the new Rally Model Decal Reference group? Maybe this is something you might like to take a look at, Billy? I honestly never thought it would generate anywhere near the amount of members it has! I thought a couple of dozen at most!......

Anyway, keep in touch, Paul.

Take care and keep safe....
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum