Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting 1/18 models

2 posters

Go down

Converting 1/18 models Empty Converting 1/18 models

Post  srsmodels Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Getting into my 1/18 models a bit more these days

2 cars I would like to convert

Recent new arrival Jimmy McRae 6R4 to proper rothmans branding and circuit of Ireland

IXO New arrival Blomqvist sierra to Jimmy or Colin McRae sierra
Anyone planning same conversion?

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Converting 1/18 models Empty Re: Converting 1/18 models

Post  RORY O CONNOR Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:15 pm

A few I have in mind/started/stalled

1/18 Wilson Quattro Sport Manx 85 using OTTO. Also Hannue 86 Shell ils car using Otto

Mouton Wouton Ulster Quattro using Otto Pikes peak

Otto Legacy to Bertie Fisher and Burns

Otto Audi 80 Quattro to Demutes Rally version.

McHale Black M3 using Otto
Fisher 4x4 Sierra using Otto rally. Actually bought the road car to get the non quad lights off it.
Also, have two Otto 1/12 road M3s which are planned to be rally cars-actually bought the 1/12 race car to get the tub and the cage with the intention of taking a mold for the tub and getting the dashboard scanned and printed up by 3d printer into a mirror image to give good RHD.

And the biggie: I have a 1/8 Spirit GT M3. I am currently gathering suitable-sized scale parts for the conversion. Have the rally seats and seatbelts from the 1/8 scale Hatchett Impreza WRC. Bought some 1/10 Tamiya RC wheels which need to be modified to create the right look of the Speedline gold wheels. Scanning the dashboard to 3d print a RHD dashboard.

RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:15 pm

A few I have in mind/started/stalled

1/18 Wilson Quattro Sport Manx 85 using OTTO. Also Hannue 86 Shell ils car using Otto

Mouton Wouton Ulster Quattro using Otto Pikes peak

Otto Legacy to Bertie Fisher and Burns

Otto Audi 80 Quattro to Demutes Rally version.

McHale Black M3 using Otto
Fisher 4x4 Sierra using Otto rally. Actually bought the road car to get the non quad lights off it.
Also, have two Otto 1/12 road M3s which are planned to be rally cars-actually bought the 1/12  race car to get the tub and the cage with the intention of taking a mold for the tub and getting the dashboard scanned and printed up by 3d printer into a mirror image to give good RHD.

And the biggie: I have a 1/8 Spirit GT M3 E30 which will become a Fisher M3. I am currently gathering suitably sized scale parts for the conversion. Have the rally seats and seatbelts from the 1/8 scale Hatchett Impreza WRC. Bought some 1/10 Tamiya RC wheels which need to be modified to create the right look of the Speedline gold wheels. Scanning the dashboard to 3d print a RHD dashboard.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Zeus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum