Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video

5 posters

Go down

Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video Empty Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video

Post  Sal the 2nd Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:35 pm

https://youtu.be/cyKlevbKIQs

Looks like a Fiesta for now! Interesting placing of down strut for the cage as apparantely it is part of the generic safety cell that this new generation of spaceframe cars will all be built around, for now looks like a hinderance to the driver and nav in the event of a shunt! Guess once the Puma doors and panels are added it may make more sense.

Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video Empty Re: Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm

It's getting daft. The cars are ugly! I think they should revert to R5s as the top line cars. You would then get more makers taking place, the cars would be less expensive and the competition would be spread-a talented amateur might have a chance of grabbing some headlines like in the old days.

RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video Empty Re: Ford WRC Rally1 Hybrid first test video

Post  David Napier Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:32 pm

the video froze 12 seconds in, with a dirty big pipe in the middle of the door, wtf? I gave up at this point. Any significant money going into the WRC will depend on the sport becoming greener

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Tue May 04, 2021 11:41 am

RORY O CONNOR wrote:It's getting daft. The cars are ugly! I think they should revert to R5s as the top line cars. You would then get more makers taking place, the cars would be less expensive and the competition would be spread-a talented amateur might have a chance of grabbing some headlines like in the old days.  

Totally agree
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am

So Greensmith and his funding get the final seat at M-Sport in the hybrid Puma for 2022. I'll take Breen, some of Loeb's time and understand the financial imperative of M-Sport's business model necessitating the 3rd seat being filled by someone who brings some dinari with them.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Bet the "contract" you saw Gus signing was saying how much dad was going to have to pay Malcolm! As a No2 driver he's going to have to step up and not just hope to pick up crumbs when the others fall over.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:12 pm

paul, chris.... i think you have just about summed up the situation,,,, Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down