Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a reasonable time to wait for a model??

5 posters

Go down

What's a reasonable time to wait for a model?? Empty What's a reasonable time to wait for a model??

Post  Speedy Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? What is a reasonable time frame to have a model supplied after paying a deposit??
I am waiting for 4 cars to be supplied, they are code 3s, 2 from a model builder in France and 2 from a model builder in Italy. The builder in France has the deposits about 18 months at this stage if not longer, messages last year said that cars were ready but due to restrictions/lockdowns he couldn't get to post office to send them. The second builder got deposits earlier this year and maintained cars would be ready for delivery in May with out fail.

Both builders had been very active with messages on facebook trying to sell models but now there's silence when I look for updates on models that are ordered. Starting to loose faith in people and their false promises, think in future I'll restrict who I buy from and only buy fully ready models.
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

What's a reasonable time to wait for a model?? Empty Re: What's a reasonable time to wait for a model??

Post  reeft1 Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 pm

I have had the same issue many times for custom code 3's. The longest i've waited is 18 months. but 12 months has not been uncommon. I have to admit it makes me twitchy given the deposits generally aren't small.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

What's a reasonable time to wait for a model?? Empty Re: What's a reasonable time to wait for a model??

Post  cowfeeder Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:59 pm

Speedy wrote:Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? What is a reasonable time frame to have a model supplied after paying a deposit??
I am waiting for 4 cars to be supplied, they are code 3s, 2 from a model builder in France and 2 from a model builder in Italy. The builder in France has the deposits about 18 months at this stage if not longer, messages last year said that cars were ready but due to restrictions/lockdowns he couldn't get to post office to send them. The second builder got deposits earlier this year and maintained cars would be ready for delivery in May with out fail.

Both builders had been very active with messages on facebook trying to sell models but now there's silence when I look for updates on models that are ordered. Starting to loose faith in people and their false promises, think in future I'll restrict who I buy from and only buy fully ready models.

Hi Peter
My experience is identical to yours and a few others, over you like a rash when touting their wares. When they fail to show up/deliver they run to the hills and go silent. I have models form nearly 2 years ago, paid for and from mainland Europe. Total piss take.
M
cowfeeder
cowfeeder

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:21 pm

I have resorted to skipping private messages and posting questions directly on their Facebook page. In one case I am getting replies but it’s also throwing up others who are waiting longer.  I have one guy with promises of 10/12 weeks but can run to two or three times that but does come through in the end.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 pm

I paid a deposit about two years ago for a model and it's not even been produced yet. It is progressing and only for the fact the builder is so well known I'd have given up on it!
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down