Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you use?

2 posters

Go down

What do you use? Empty What do you use?

Post  daivideo Tue May 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Just wondering how you guys cut doors, boots, bonnets off your models if you need to?

I've been using my Minicraft Drill and cutting discs(I think) but they keep snapping.

Any help appreciated.
daivideo
daivideo

Back to top Go down

What do you use? Empty Re: What do you use?

Post  Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:07 pm

On my dremel I turn the speed down and spray a bit of water on what i am cutting or grinding keeps the disc getting too hot and snapping

Back to top Go down

Post  daivideo Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks Mark.
daivideo
daivideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't use water with my 'Dremel-like' drill; the thought of water and electricity seems a bit dangerous to me, though it doesn't stop me from holding models by hand close to a rapidly revolving cutting disc! Hmm! affraid No doubt Mark has a tried and trusted way of using the tools safely!

For diecast models, I use a diamond cutting disc bought from a local model shop and this works very well, although it is now showing some signs of wear!! It doesn't cut through the metal quite as easily as it did at first Wink .

Hand finishing with small files is helpful for precision stuff - one wrong move with a power tool and it can take ages to rectify the potential mess!!

Hope that helps, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum