Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk

+14
RORY O CONNOR
GKnight
Manowar
modelrallysport.com
Hampton Caught
Beaney
Simon6R4
newt5550
bmd
mcm motorsport
Speedy
rsjon
Cowley
Admin
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk Empty New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk

Post  Admin Fri May 18, 2012 4:48 pm

New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk Diecastrallymodelscoukfl

Hi everyone. I would just like to announce the starting of my new site which this forum is going to be part of. Diecastrallymodels.co.uk will direct you to the forum for the time being, mainly due to me not having the money to afford the tools required to build the main home page etc yet. But, I will be planning to get this done and completed within the next few months.

Dont worry though, the forum still retains its current rallymodelforum.forumotion.co.uk if you already have it saved in your favourites (which I hope you all do  Wink lol) You can use that still to get here or diecastrallymodels.co.uk its entirely upto you  Smile

There wont be any more news on the main site for a while, but, rest assured as soon as it is ready for you all to know then it will be posted on here first. I am open to suggestions on what to have on the main website, so please post on here or contact me by pm with any suggestions you have. I would like to share some pics of members creations in a gallery, with their permission of course,on the website. Also a page with the odd tip or two just so it gives people an idea of what talented builders and passionate collectors we have in this community so they will join up. Hopefully, it would also get people that are new to collecting models to join and get them interested in making their own models etc. By the way I am in no way doing this to make money. I just want it to be similar to another site I jointly run which is www.6r4.net. Its pretty similar of how I would like the site to be, but without the shop to sell decals for 6r4 owners.

When the site is completed, I will look at getting some stickers done. So if any members would like to have stickers to put on their road/race/rally cars or service vans etc it would be much appreciated and be a big help in spreading the word about this place, which in my opinion is a friendly, fun and enthusiastic enviroment.

Thankyou all for your continued support the last few days, and I look forward to hopefully having your support, enthusiasm, banter and friendship for a long time to come.

Many thanks
Nicky  Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com

Back to top Go down

New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk Empty Re: New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk

Post  Cowley Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm

That is excellent news Nicky - and I love the new www.diecastrallymodels.co.uk name, url and banner mate! Wink

That's one thing I hated about the previous free forum url - the fact that it was a right mouthful and simply didn't roll off the tongue! I know that isn't your fault, as it is just the nature of the free forum software. At least we can all now refer to it as the 'Diecast Rally Model' forum, rather than the tongue-twisting 'Rally Model Forum Forum Motion' forum thingy it was before lol. Wink

Looking forward to seeing what other updates, home pages, features etc that you have in mind for the future as well!

Nice one fella! Very Happy

Last edited by Cowley on Fri May 18, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't spell tongue! lol)
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk Empty Re: New website diecastrallymodels.co.uk

Post  rsjon Fri May 18, 2012 7:08 pm

it just gets better cheers
rsjon
rsjon

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri May 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Would a section with a bit of history on different manufacturers(IXO, Trofeu etc) be possible or even something like a 20 questions with various model builders on here like George, Mark, Boyley, CDM etc and then maybe something on KDM, P&J etc.

Also would be interested in reading articles on origins of diecast models, processes involved in making a model from the measurement, design and casting to the finished product on the shelf.

Oh and well done on the catchy name cheers
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Great start with the new name/banner....heres 2many more good things!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

nice one nicky, onwards and upwards m8, i'm sure you'll continue to be well-supported from us lot!
obviously the clue is in the name m8, but can i ask that we do not exclude resin models from Otto, Wedge, etc and even plastic kits from Revell, Tamiya, etc..........i hope thats ok as the vast majority of items will be about diecast, just keeps it nice and open/wide m8, cheers and best wishes for the new venture .... Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Nice one Nicky. Looking forward to seeing more.

Diecast Resin & other materials Rally Models just dosn't sound right Billy lol!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Should be ARM then

All Rally Models Very Happy
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Speedy wrote:Should be ARM then

All Rally Models Very Happy
...or Austin Rover Motorsport lol - WOOHOOOOOOOOO! cheers
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Dead on fella
best of luck with it

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

So what do you suggest then Billy? confused

I'm sure Nicky acknowledges the fact that there are other forms of rally model apart from just diecast, but as the latter outweighs resin, plastic, white metal, kits, 'papier-mâché' lol, and (more recently) even slot cars by a considerable margin, I'm not sure anything else really needs to be incorporated.
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm

just seen the new banner now for the 1st on the laptop.....looks excellent,bright,big and straight to the point!

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Fri May 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Well done Nicky on the updates, banner looks spot on Smile
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

fair points lads re the over-riding percentage of models being diecast and not plastic, i mean i only have 2 out of 84 in my main collection which aren't metal Smile i wasn't for a minute suggesting trying to incorporate the various materials into the name, i was just hoping to ensure that all materials are catered for in the forum posts, threads etc, so that down the line some overly-pernickety numpty dosn't try to exclude a non-metal model being discussed...............that's all............ Embarassed
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 pm

nice one nicky Smile we are all here to stay
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Cheers for the comments everyone. Much appreciated as always! Smile

Billy, this forum and the website itself will cater any rally model regardless of what its made of. The reason I decided to call it diecastrallymodels is due to the fact the large majority of models are diecast not resin etc. But, that doesn't mean we don't welcome posts or threads about non diecast rally models. Whatever its made of, as long as its to do with rallying we will cater for them Smile

I will point that out on the website aswell when I start to build it. I apologise for any confusion it has caused to members.

Admin
Admin

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat May 19, 2012 12:20 am

Hi Nicky,

Thanks on behalf of us all for the sterling work you are putting into the forum and website. All very much appreciated.

Will there be a way of putting photos on the site without having to rely on third party photo host sites? I've found that a real faff and have had some photos 'used' without being acknowledged (Roger, you know I mean you! Evil or Very Mad ) so don't want to go that route.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  modelrallysport.com Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 am

Excellent Nicky,lots of great ideas there from members to.

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 am

nicky, thats what i thought anyway m8, thanks for confirming, sorry if it sounded a bit sharp, it certainly wasnt intended to...like the rest of the guys, i wish you all the best with this and thanks again for all your efforts over the last few months....
cheers m8
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Manowar Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 am

Can only say Keep up the great work. It's already a great site and things can only go better cheers
Manowar
Manowar

Back to top Go down

Post  GKnight Sat May 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Liking the new name. Keep up the good work Nicky

GKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 pm

It might be an idea to have if possible a page or section for Irish models, UK Models, WRC models, Euro models, Historics
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Well done Nicky. Thanks again for your great work cheers
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon May 28, 2012 7:28 pm

One little thing that I have noticed that could do with sorting, is that it still says 'Rally Model Forum' at the top and the bottom when viewing a topic or a sub-forum. It's just a quick way back to the homepage, but it could really do with editting to say 'Diecast Rally Models' instead. Wink

I'm not loosing sleep over it, but it's just inconsistent now that the forum has changed it's name, that's all. Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Nickys working on it david+a few other wee things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next