Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CODE343 forthcoming projects...

+19
Ted Creedon
bmd
Zeus
mconboy
potiman
GMR..Models
Steve Young
Cazzo
rsjon
newt5550
mcm motorsport
Simon6R4
gaz_bass
GKnight
omer yetis
Juha
rallypics
Hampton Caught
Cowley
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CODE343 forthcoming projects... Empty CODE343 forthcoming projects...

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:02 pm

I have been mulling over an idea in my head now for a couple of years, and over the last 12 months or so, I have successfully transformed this idea into a very definite future project...

...my own series of Code 3 Limited Edition model releases!

Before I start detailing my plans, can I just make it clear that I am NOT currently interested, or prepared to take any pre-orders, deposits, or start jotting down people's names that express a definite interest. The point of this post is merely to inform you all of my forthcoming releases - primarily to ensure that nobody else decides to produce the exact same models! Get your hands off - I've expressed my intent first lol!

The first models will hopefully - as most of you will know, model and decal timescales are nigh on impossible to predict! - be ready to release in the Autumn. Only then will I be able to show you photos, quote prices, take pre-orders, and then eventual payments, prior to dispatching the models back to you. Naturally, the first three models will be based on the 1/43rd MG Metro 6R4 diecast model - but that isn't to say that I will only produce 6R4 models! I have a large number of models planned in my head, and not all of them are 6R4s.

The models will all be released under the CODE343 brand. I have designed a logo, designed an appropriate base label, and I have even acquired the relevant .co.uk and .com web addresses - www.code343.co.uk and www.code343.com - although there is no actual content visible on either of them at this moment in time.

Here are all the details of my first three forthcoming releases, accompanied by photos of the actual cars 'back in the day'...

CODE343 : 1/43rd scale Code 3 diecast
• CODE343-001 - Alistair Sutherland / Peter Watts : 1986 Sonat Granite City Rally : Event Winner! - expected release in Autumn 2012.

CODE343 forthcoming projects... C630PRP-750pixels

• CODE343-002 - Colin Malkin / Nigel Harris : 1986 Tudor Webasto Manx Rally : '000' Course Car - expected release in Autumn 2012.

CODE343 forthcoming projects... C164JOF-750pixels

• CODE343-003 - Tony Pond / Don Wilmont : 1991 Burmah Lurgan Park Rally : Event Winner! - expected release in late 2012.

CODE343 forthcoming projects... F887HAM-750pixels

Each model will be based on a stripped, repainted, detail painted 1/43rd MG Metro 6R4 diecast model, and then professionally printed / cutout varnish decals will be applied for each relevant livery to complete the transformation. For your information, the decals will be printed by Andy's regular supplier, so I'm sure you can all imagine what the final decal quality will be like. To give you an idea of the latest situation, I am currently in the process of checking the first proof of the decals.

I repeat my earlier comment however! > I am NOT currently interested or prepared to take any pre-orders, deposits, or start jotting down people's names that express a definite interest.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Last edited by Cowley on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am; edited 4 times in total
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

CODE343 forthcoming projects... Empty Re: CODE343 forthcoming projects...

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey David, well done! I wish you all the very best in this endeavour.

As I'm increasingly doing these days, I'd been looking at photos of 6R4s on the interweb and was thinking of doing the Tony Pond 91 Lurgan Park car myself. I shan't bother now!! Sounds a great idea.

I've been wondering about Lawrence Gibson's 6R4 (in it's yellow, blue and red livery he used in his British Rallycross Championship winning year) as that's quite tricky to paint and decal up, so if you fancied having a go at that one in the future...... Very Happy

All power to your elbow, mouse or whatever is appropriate! Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  rallypics Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 pm

I remember that Metro very well doing 000 on the '86 Manx, looked class
rallypics
rallypics

http://www.rallypics.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I wish you all the best with your project. Smile
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:39 pm

All the best David!
wishing you great success and many models Wink
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you very much Steve, Juha & Omer - that is very kind of you, and very much appreciated.

rallypics wrote:I remember that Metro very well doing 000 on the '86 Manx, looked class
I don't suppose you would have taken any photos would you Martin? Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  GKnight Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Good luck with the new venture Dave

GKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Don't forget you love the Manta too DC......

All the best on this super sounding project!
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Great news David, great project I'm sure it will go well for you.

Logos look great as well, I wish you every success with it Very Happy

Are you planning on doing just built models or do your future plans include decal only/ base model combos as well? I expect all will become clear in time Lol

The first three look excellent, and having used Andy's decals I'm sure they will be top drawer, well done mate

Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

best of luck david with the new adventure.
whats the chances of seeing anything other than 6r4's? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm sure David can provide the necessary variety: Vitesse, Metro GTI, Mini, ... Laughing
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Juha wrote:I'm sure David can provide the necessary variety: Vitesse, Metro GTI, Mini, ... Laughing

All those in favour of Juha's suggestion! cheers Yay! That's two of us, then!! Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:49 pm

All the best David. Hope it goes well for ya. Loving the Logo!

ZR's Maybe Wink
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  rsjon Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm

good idea,plenty of irish stuff too i hope cheers
rsjon
rsjon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm

That logo looks class David and very cleaver Cool
I wish you all the best with this project and the future releases you have lined up,

Also it's good to see someone showing their hand and declaring what models they plan to build,
It should be clear now to any other builder or decal maker that them models are off limits,
There's no point in you spending time and money setting up future releases only to find out that someone else was doing the same thing at the same time,
Next thing you know both of you are having a Mexican stand off lol

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Young Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Best of luck with the project, nice to see Alastair's motor being modelled, to think Mr Perez started off in the wrong seat along side Al,
Steve Young
Steve Young

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Wishing ya all the best David...Good Luck Mate ! Smile
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

http://www.gmrmodels.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  potiman Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Good luck David, will be following progress with interest. At least you have given us time to save up the pennies!!!

Best wishes

David L

potiman

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 pm

All the best David. Hope it works out for you
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Cazzo wrote:.

That logo looks class David and very cleaver Cool
I wish you all the best with this project and the future releases you have lined up,

Also it's good to see someone showing their hand and declaring what models they plan to build,
It should be clear now to any other builder or decal maker that them models are off limits,
There's no point in you spending time and money setting up future releases only to find out that someone else was doing the same thing at the same time,
Next thing you know both of you are having a Mexican stand off lol

This is whats going to happen as I know too well with other projects

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Back online for tonight, best of luck. Cheers for the text earlier too Smile
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Excuse my absence chaps, but I have been out for a nice meal with the good lady, and now feel somewhat stuffed to say the least! pale

Many thanks for all of your very kind words of support and praise. Knowing that my forthcoming plans, my brand name and logo design, and my choice of the first three models have all been so warmly received is very reassuring, it really is. If nothing else it has given me some added incentive to complete them all on schedule, or even earlier if at all possible. Wink

I am not going to commit to anything else until these first three models are completed. However, I can see no sensible reason at present why I wouldn't be prepared to do the odd Manta, Mk2, Vitesse, Metro GTI, Mini, ZR, or even any Irish entries - just as long as I thought they would be a worthwhile model to produce, and obviously a good seller from my point of view. I am fully aware of the difficulties that some other builders have had with their own Code 3 projects, and the last thing anybody wants is unsold models, restricting funds, and cluttering up space - least of all me! Shocked

The main reason for coming up with the CODE343 brand was the fact that it isn't specifically targetted towards MG or 6R4 - hence I can really use the same brand equally effectively on a 1/43 6R4 as I can on a 1/43 Manta, Mk2, Sunbeam, Cossie or anything else I feel is worthy of the brand.

Simon... The whole marketing side of things is still very sketchy at the moment. If I decide to make decals available, then there will be quite a few differences for those that opted for the cheaper option and bought the decals, in comparison to those that dug a little deeper into their pockets and ordered a complete built model - that seems only fair. I wouldn't say the decal / built options would be comparable to the cheaper Altaya / more expensive IXO way of doing things, but it will certainly be something along those lines - those that pay more, are actually rewarded with more! The unapplied decals and blank base model is not part of my plans however.

Colin... Thank you for your thoughts on the CODE343 brand and logo. I have a slight advantage in that I actually work in Graphic Design for my 9-5 day job, so I am fully aware of the importance of a brand, of keeping things all consistent with a corporate look about them, and also of the best way to promote the finished product. Hopefully that will all become evident as the project progresses further.

It has literally been horrible knowing about my forthcoming plans, not really being ready to tell anyone about them, and equally living in fear of the fact that someone else might just announce their version(s) before I am ready to make public my own plans. As I am currently checking the decal proof, it seemed an ideal time for a statement of intent lol! I do know however that I'm not out of the woods just yet.

Over the last year I have already come to an agreement with two individuals that had one of the above three models planned for future release within their own range of models! Their generosity and kindness to shelve their own plans has also made me more determined to continue to completion.

Mark... Unfortunately that is the risk I have now taken by announcing my plans. I have no right whatsoever to stop anybody producing either or all of the above three models if they wanted to. It's almost a - you'll be damned if you don't and damned if you do situation. All I have done though is expressed a statement of intent, and hopefully that will be enough to make others look elsewhere for their own next project.

Many thanks again chaps for all of your support - be sure that I will keep you all fully updated with progress as and when I have something to tell you.
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Zeus wrote:Back online for tonight, best of luck. Cheers for the text earlier too Smile
Many thanks Dave, and no worries whatsoever chap!
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:27 am

Cowley wrote:Over the last year I have already come to an agreement with two individuals that had one of the above three models planned for future release within their own range of models! Their generosity and kindness to shelve their own plans has also made me more determined to continue to completion.
Like my Sutherland 6R4? Laughing

It's still on the drawing board, although in a slightly differention version. Just need a shot of the rear.

You'd outpace me anyway, too many things to do at once.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 am

Whoops, I'd forgotten about your Sutherland plans mate! Embarassed In which case...
I have already come to an agreement with THREE individuals...
Wink

Looking forward to seeing your one finished - should look sweet! Wink

CODE343 LATEST NEWS!: The first proof of the decals has been printed out in colour on clear decal paper, and then varnished. Last night I applied the Malkin 86 Manx '000' Course Car decals to a plain white base model to check size, proportions and shape. A couple of issues have come to light - but that is the whole point of seeing a proof! I will do exactly the same procedure with the Sutherland 86 Granite Winner decals this evening - time permitting of course! Further news to follow as and when...
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next