Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!)

+17
Joe Leslie
gofastfreddy
GKnight
GMR..Models
Zeus
Juha
newt5550
Beaney
Cardy
nixr2
Admin
Cazzo
andreasclio
RORY O CONNOR
mconboy
mcm motorsport
bmd
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Empty our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!)

Post  bmd Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am

just decided to give my daily motor a new lease of life after failing to find a good enough reason to sell her on....treated her to a 275 bhp remap, induction kit, full decat system, Prodrive UK300 Ltd Edition rear spoiler, lowering springs and a new set of 18" alloys........she'll do for a while now... Very Happy

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) DSC_0004

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Scoob3

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Scoob2

feel free to add pix of your daily ride to this thread lads, there's room for more!! Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Empty Re: our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!)

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 am

nice machine billy!!!.....even thou i shouldnt be saying that as impreza and evo men dont get on with each other! lol

Back to top Go down

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Empty Re: our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!)

Post  bmd Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:16 am

cheers m8, ah sure none of the rest of them boys will ever know, i'll not tell if you don't! aye, she's not the fastest thing on the road, especially compared to them crazy evo's, ( pale ) but she's quick enough, she's reliable and she's comfortable, and i'm getting 27-28 mpg weekly so i'm happy with her for another year or two; went to sell her a month or two ago but was getting cra__y trade-in prices against newer cars which wouldn't put half as big a smile on my face, so decided to keep and freshen her..............happy days! Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:22 am

Very nice car. You picked up a good reg for yourself.
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 am

I suggest you put a small secret switch into it to break the circuit for the electric fuel pump. Then should your local thieving basts get the keys and try to drive it away the car will simply cut out in the drive after 30 seconds or so and they won't get away with it. I wish I had done this on my Golf!
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 pm

maurice...........cheers m8, aye i've had that reg since 1990 so i'll prob keep her now lol! the things we do when we're young and foolish huh? Embarassed

rory..............thanks m8, yeah thats a good call, would be a worthwhile move considering the number of motors getting lifted...i know another scoob was nicked recently up here and hsn't been seen since... Mad thieving wee sheeeiiites...........! sorry to hear you lost a golf m8, i presume it was a while ago now?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm

July 12th last year. I had always planned to add the little switch but never did. Its a simple enough thing to do-if the fuel pump has no electric power the engine gets no fuel-so it cuts out. The car will start as there will be some fuel in the lines but it cuts out in a few seconds and in their panic they will simply run away as the car will not start again.

If they get the keys they have the immobiliser code and alarm plipper so its just a bit of physical impediment as well. The switch needs to be hidden somewhere where you can reach when you are sitting in your seat but where it can be found easily. In fact fit two just in case one gets found!
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  andreasclio Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

my daily raid, we have 3 cars plus one quad

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 175802-1738748
our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 144069-1521553
our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 522547_10150687414793664_1065503640_n

andreasclio

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm

sweet looking scoob m8!! very nice Smile

rory, great advice that m8, sorry you had to learn the hard way Crying or Very sad , must look into it for the scoob....cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Tidy looking motors Lad's
Some how I don't think my Toyota HiAce will fit into this thread lol!

Did you get these upgrades for the Scooby Corner at Lurgan park Billy geek
There's some real nice stuff on display in the bottom of the field, so nice in fact that I even saw McMurray looking round them last year!!

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Cazzo wrote:.

Tidy looking motors Lad's
Some how I don't think my Toyota HiAce will fit into this thread lol!

Did you get these upgrades for the Scooby Corner at Lurgan park Billy geek
There's some real nice stuff on display in the bottom of the field, so nice in fact that I even saw McMurray looking round them last year!!

and you just might see him looking again this year! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 am

well i might just bump into you there then m8.... Wink he shouldn't be allowed near stuff like that col, being an evo-man and all..... Razz

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:17 am

ahh but theres 2 sides till that story.....i was walking past the subaru's to get to the evo line up.....or thats my excuse anyway! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm

aye right m8!! i nearly believe you! Arrow
col, its an open thread, and i've seen the hairy hiace, post away m8!!! Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Here is my 1/1 car! I have had it since the end of march and I am very happy with it. Focus ST170, 77k on the clock with full service history and had the comfort pack which includes electric automated air-con, quick clear windscreen and xenon headlights. All for £1800 I amvery chuffed to say the least. I went and tried a couple of 172/182's and when I got in the ford it just felt a much more well built car imo. Not to say the clio's werent any fun as they were but had my sensible head on and tbh dont regret it. Lately being spending some money on the car instead of my models, just to get it looking nice and clean like new number plates, couple of bits of plastic that were looking abit dull so replaced them, new centre caps as the ones that were on the car when I bought it were shocking lol

Only plans for the car are to get the alloys refurbed soon, and also a cat back exhaust system, although wondering wether to go for a milltek system or go to a mates friend who does custom exhausts.

Anyway enough of me boring you all Wink here are a couple of pics Very Happy

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Pic1ozk

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Pic7cm

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Pic4tn

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Pic5xb

Admin
Admin

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:24 pm

nice nicky, looks mint m8!
re the exhaust, like all these things its what you want at the end of the day that will determine what you go for, but any one thing on its own will make a negligible improvement in performance.....a decat, induction kit plus remap would be the first and most obvious improvement packqage, but do all three parts to notice a substantial upgrade.....imho of course! Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  nixr2 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Looks the part Billy!! Always liked your wagon now its even better!!

nixr2

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 pm

ah thanks m8, sure what else would i spend it on, models? lol!! Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

seen my new 1/1 today new focus st2 its amazing cant wait to get it cheers
Cardy
Cardy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 pm

my cars still in the dealers garage

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Gtc-vxr

I WISH!!! lol

my 1/1 is just a wee mk4 3dr astra 1.6 16v sxi, had plans to mod her like my wee nova, but fell through when I decided to get married and buy a house.. lol she does my job from a to b, always been a big vauxhall fan! the wifes 1/1 is a wee diesel 1.3 cdti 3dr corsa! (there not really worthy off posting up)

ps nice cars lads, billy u must have some money to run that thing lol
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 pm

uploading these for graham (cardy)

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Pic2sw

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) Nhl562dwb70j

sorry graham i cant get them any bigger for some reason Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Very nice motor but i prefer the one before. Think they have gone a bit too big. Nearly same size as the old Mondeo. It is nice though Graham. Enjoy.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:40 pm

My current thoroughbred, with a massive 75 BHP delivered by its 1.2 engine. The farm where this was taken is unfortunately not mine. Laughing

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 1344115622843

Whereas my other toy is looking rather sorry: a 205 1.9 Rallye. Only 1000 of them were made for the German and Swiss markets, fitted with the 1.9 GTI engine with injection to comply with German emission guidelines, instead of the 1.3 on carbs.

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 1344116121490

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 1344116121860

our 1:1 daily ride....(listen me, saying 'ride', i'm really down with the homies!!) 1344116121924

One of the previous owners lacked taste: Go Kart steering wheel, multicolour gear knob, purple window film, ... No
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:03 pm

[quote="Juha"]My current thoroughbred, with a massive 75 BHP delivered by its 1.2 engine. The farm where this was taken is unfortunately not mine. Laughing

pity because i could of sold you a tractor!! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:26 pm

The new owners aren't into farming. .Laughing
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next