Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY QUESTION....

4 posters

Go down

SILLY QUESTION.... Empty SILLY QUESTION....

Post  mcm motorsport Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

anyone from here got them wee fold up scooters you see guys on zooming down the road to a rally stage?
do the electric ones fold up like the petrol? im thinking of buying one for attending rallies....the olde walking isnt good and doc has told me prob wont get much better than it is now Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

SILLY QUESTION.... Empty Re: SILLY QUESTION....

Post  Niallod Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah I bought 2 of them about 3 years ago for myself and the buddy Paul and they are really handy at rallies. We use them at the bigger rallies when there are big crowds, they certainly make life easier. From a practical point of view our 2 petrol ones do tend to smell of petrol( obviously) in the back of car/jeep and from a size point of view they do take up quite a bit of space even folded down. If you are buying one, size it up for the boot of the car and maybe get a box made up for it to sit in, it catches the muck that falls off the wheels plus any petrol that comes out of the exhaust. Don't know anything about electric ones.

Niallod

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 am

thanks niall for the update. yeah that would be 1 of the reasons for going down the electric route....no smell in the motor.
will certainly be looking into this for galway international.....if you see me zooming pass shout hello! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Next time you're over I'll get a lend of an electric one and you to take a spin on it,
Only bad thing about them is they can slow right down when going up steep hills, but coming down is fun lol!

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  gofastfreddy Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 pm

HERE paul a good link
https://www.koopgoedkoop.nl/catalog/category/view/id/240?limit=all&gclid=CJSc0Or62LMCFcrItAodzkkAPw

gofastfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 pm

gofastfreddy wrote:HERE paul a good link
https://www.koopgoedkoop.nl/catalog/category/view/id/240?limit=all&gclid=CJSc0Or62LMCFcrItAodzkkAPw

cheers for the link,its something like that im after!

any brakes on them colin for steep hills or do i need to fit 6 pot calipers!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down