Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decal Making ............

4 posters

Go down

Decal Making ............ Empty Decal Making ............

Post  modelrallysport.com Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:24 am

What Programme are you using to make decals ?

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Decal Making ............ Empty Re: Decal Making ............

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:06 am

The desktop publisher I use is Serif Pageplus X7 which is a very flexible and powerful tool which is pretty easy to use. I prefer this program to other DTPs I've tried.

I print the results on to good quality decal paper from Crafty Computer Paper (as several other members here do) and have given up using cheap decal paper from China as you get what you pay for.

A year or two ago, I found out that my rinter (an ageing HP Deskjet 5550) has a setting for high resolution printing when using photo paper and the like.

The results has been high quality, very clear and bright decals and one happy bunny!  Very Happy 

Hope that's helpful. Let me now if you have any specific questions. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 pm

There are many programs dedicated to designing graphics, programs like Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw would be the standard programs used in the graphic design industry.

Then you have programs like steve mentioned that may not have all the features as the ones mentioned above, but are still a great tool as all the features you need are included and is far cheaper.

Then you have other ways of doing things using programs that you already have. Some people use Microsoft Word, others use Paint (I think GMR used paint for his models and these are great models).

Its all about the quality you want to achieve, how much you have to spend on the software and most importantly your computer skills. No point paying hundreds for a piece of software that you wont be able to use.

I use Illustrator, as well as a few smaller programs for converting images etc. Illustrator is quite detailed and depending on the software your using now, it may be a big step up to Illustrator. I have been using if for the last 3-4 years and am still learning new things today. But at the same time, Ive yet to some to a problem that it cant overcome

Back to top Go down

Post  focussimo Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 pm

I use Inkscape. It's free and complete enough to do a lot a thing.
focussimo
focussimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down