Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eifel Rallye Festival 2014

+4
Hampton Caught
turn the wheel
CDM
Sal
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eifel Rallye Festival 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eifel Rallye Festival 2014

Post  JOB Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 am

Thanks Juha for the photos and great to meet your Dad.

It was really lovely to meet Chris (Sal) and Louise - real enthusiasts but you would want to be anti-rally not to be impressed by the event. As you can see from the photo we met Chris Patterson and his jaw was on the floor. Even he could not understand why the event was not overrun with UK and Irish rallyfans.

Also great to meet with and chat with Eddie Fitzgerald a member on here - what he calls himself I am too lazy to find out.

Our running number this year gave me a different perspective on the event - we were 16 this year and in the 60's and 70's in previous years. As you all know most rallycars cover the road sections between stages in well under the allocated time so the cars and crews congregate at the stage in controls and we all tend to turn off the cars , get out and have a bit of banter and craic. Cars 1 to 14 were the invited drivers, a Dutch crew in a DAF at 15 and we were 16 so it felt very surreal to be in the company of such an illustrious bunch of people.
While he is not on here nor is anyone connected with him I would still like to thank Conor Falvey for the opportunity of accompanying him and his beautiful car to Eifel and he wasn't shy when it came to pulling the wand to get the tail out and putting on a show where he could. Roll on 2015 and I know Sal and Juha will agree with me when I say beg, borrow or steal the money but get there however you can in 2015.

This years finishers award was a model of a VW Beetle.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Eifel Rallye Festival 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eifel Rallye Festival 2014

Post  turn the wheel Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:19 am

I see you were up early this morning James................is that part of the job with the Organisers of the Eifel Rally..................I can see you had a great time.........in .great company ................and I see Pat Horan got in an Autocross in the Alitalia Abarth 131......

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2