Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai

3 posters

Go down

Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai Empty Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai

Post  reeft1 Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 am

Disappointing for Craig, but good news for Kris. Just part of Citroen's driver rotation approach which hasn't exactly proved successful this year.

Hyundai have been very open about the reason for signing Mikkelsen for the rest of the season - to fight back against M-Sport in the constructors championship. As a big Ford fan, it irks me they can do this 3/4 of the way through the season, but its completely within the rules and they have been totally transparent about it so I guess M-Sport will just have to suck it up and get on with it. Mikkelsen looks in very good form and I have a horrible feeling this could be a game changer for both drivers and constructors championships as I'm pretty confident that Mikkelsen will be near the front of the pack in the remaining events.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai Empty Re: Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai

Post  David Napier Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:00 pm

I think Hyundia could have a job managing Mikkelsen and Neuville together beyond this season, Sordo is IMO the best no2 ever in WRC, are they keeping him on? Paddon is promising too, is he heading over to the bench with Abbring who's career seems to have stalled there? Can Hyundia afford to risk letting Sordo go?, he could do a sound job again for the likes of Toyota for a year and let Lappi continue to develop. All this confusion to help battle for the consolation prize...

I'd hope Breens performances to date will have a seat secure for him next year, but who knows with the way teams can be. I hope Meeke can get it together but who's out there for Citroen if it's still not working? Will Ogier want Mikkelsens sloppy seconds? confused

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai Empty Re: Breen misses Catalunya, Mikkelsen signs for Hyundai

Post  reeft1 Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:18 pm

I believe Sordo stays, Paddon benched but don't quote me. Not much between Neuville and Mikkelsen i agree, and how would Neuville feel if Mikkelsen nicks points off him. You can see in F1 how teams put manufacturer titles over drivers (probably the opposite of fans) so any money on team orders coming in to play? Makes for an interesting end to the season for a change!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Definitely should make for a great seasons end, does the manufacturers finishing order make a financial difference for the teams like in F1 or is it just bragging rights and helping justify your spending to your boss in WRC?

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

I think its a real game of poker from now until the seasons end. Drivers will be under pressure to obey team orders and maybe give up on their own goals for sake of the team. If Ogier stays put and committees early for another year he could gain most.
Disappointed for Breen normally alot of Irish travel to Spain and that will get to him as well.
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:12 pm

So Hyundai are now suggesting if they have a sniff of the manufacturer title after Catalunya, they have enough parts to run a 4 car entry at the RAC and in Oz. Now that doesn't sound fair/right if they were to take the title off of having 4 drivers vs m-sports 3?!?!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down