Brexit consequences

Go down

Brexit consequences Empty Brexit consequences

Post  JOB on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Bet you thought that this was a Brexit free zone.

Just watching television news and the guys at the parcel sorting office made it clear that Uk parcels bound for Ireland in the event of a nodeal Brexit  will be subject to vat where its valued over 22 euros and if over 150 euros it will be subject to both vat and customs duties.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Brexit consequences Empty Re: Brexit consequences

Post  brian on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:42 pm

For me, I've given up buying from the UK due to the price of models v the price from Europe. Its not even the currency conversion either that causing the difference either. Add to that the additional cost because of Brexit will really impact model sellers in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 am

You should try living this side of the water! As a UK resident thats the least of our worries however can see my buying taking a back seat for some time to come. For example wholesale prices of Minichamps due to £sterling against the $dollar means its cheaper to buy from European sellers at their retail prices as opposed from a UK wholesaler. At the moment the job's fucked and I cant see there being much improvement in the foreseeable

Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 pm

interesting times ahead indeed, and we have representatives on the forum from all affected parties, Ireland, UK mainland and UK Northern Ireland....only point i would make is the latest deal has to be accepted by UK parliament plus Europe and on first impressions that doesnt seem too likely....this would result in either a no-deal or an extension to Brexit so i'm ignoring all the scare-mongering and agenda-fuelled "experts" to see where exactly we end up...then at least we'll actually know....
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum