Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circuit of Ireland Programmes

5 posters

Go down

Circuit of Ireland Programmes Empty Circuit of Ireland Programmes

Post  JOB Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:21 am

A few months back I got a notion of collecting back copies of the Circuit of Ireland programmes. It coincided with the sale of the late Jim Porter collection. I picked up maybe 10 programmes at what I thought was reasonable prices - in or around what one would pay for a rally programme for a current rally. As they come up on ebay I "watch" them. I've been very busy at work and so a number of "watched" items have been sold witout my keeping a close eye on them. I was shocked to see a 1969 programme make £102/€119 and I fell of my perch when a 1968 programme made £511/€594 .

On a related but separate note I bought a Rothmans programme from a French ebayer called porteavionschristian. He appeared to have a second copy of the same programme and another rothmans programme as well.  I bought the first of the "double" for €10, then asked if he would wait and combine postage if I bought another item, he agreed and I then bought the second different programme for €10. In the meantime he sold the "duplicate" - for €20. I ask for an invoice for the combined postage and my reply is he wants to cancel both transactions because the item is "out of stock". Disappointed and pretty unhappy. Gave negative feedback. Rare occurence but ebay themselves of no use.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Circuit of Ireland Programmes Empty Re: Circuit of Ireland Programmes

Post  brian Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Thats a crazy amount for the 68 program, although when you think how rare that must be, 2 bidders really wanted it to fill a hole in there collection.

Back to top Go down

Post  agrimes555 Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi james,
Is the ebay user that is selling the circuit programmes Wicklow based? They have been selling a shedload of donegal and circuit programmes of late. Managed to get donegal 77 78 and 79 but they are selling for pretty decent money so I have baulked at buying more of them or was simply out bid on them. Lot of regs booklets as well coming online from the circuit as far back as the 60s also
agrimes555
agrimes555

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 am

I’m told the Wicklow seller is a well known rally book seller who attends events throughout the country

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  agrimes555 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 am

Its the same person so although I do not know him personally. Has a very extensive collection. Rally memorabilia and the people who seek them out are alive and well. Bidding on programmes from him of late, there has been 7 or 8 different bidders each time Ive looked to buy a programme.
agrimes555
agrimes555

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Does anyone have the 1966 programme in their collection?
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm

Anyone have the 96 program? if so could you take some close up pictures of the event logos on the front cover, or within the program itself if theres better picture there

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Emailed
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down