Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member considering my first project

3 posters

Go down

New member considering my first project  Empty New member considering my first project

Post  puddlejumper Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum and having read some of the posts on here, i'm considering my first conversion project. i have recently started collecting 1/18 scale models. I'm sure both of these have been done to the death

Option 1
I have found an Otto 1/18 Rothmans Porsche 911 and service van on Ebay. Building the Circuit of Ireland 1985 version would be the prefered option (the rear rally plate on the otto model, would probably be a nightmare to remove. So loads of questions
(A) The roof decals continue down the bonnet on the Coleman car, but not on the Otto car - has anyone found a supplier of decals that would match the colour of the otto decals
(B) Does a library or any blank images exist of the door and bonnet/rear rally plates or is it just a case of trying to produce them on a computer
(C) Could anyone recommend a supplier of the " RALLY " decals to replace the "Porsche" decals on both the car and service van
(D) The front and rear sump guard looks different

Option 2
Sunstar Rothmans Metro 6R4, but again the same issues, excluding (D)

This is my first conversion, so any help or advise would be appreciated

Many thanks
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

New member considering my first project  Empty Re: New member considering my first project

Post  bmd Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:58 pm

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

New member considering my first project  Empty Re: New member considering my first project

Post  brian Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Not sure on the colour of the otto porsche, but ill have a look at the weekend and see if i have a colour close to it.

For the decals, if you need help on any particular logo, just ask and we might be able to help. For more mainstream ligos, use and online tool like brandsoftheworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:50 pm

bmd wrote:hi stephen, i did this a while back from the otto base, if it helps...
https://www.diecastrallymodels.com/t2036p350-for-my-118-irish-northern-irish-collection?highlight=coleman+porsche

billy

Thank you for the link, unfortunately i don't have permission for that forum (probably not on here long enough)

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:57 pm

brian wrote:Not sure on the colour of the otto porsche, but ill have a look at the weekend and see if i have a colour close to it.

For the decals, if you need help on any particular logo, just ask and we might be able to help. For more mainstream ligos, use and online tool like brandsoftheworld.com

Thank you for the link to the website. Once i source a suitable donor model, i'll try and locate/download the logos i need. Anything i get stuck on, is it ok to post a wanted post

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:31 pm

Thank you for the link, unfortunately i don't have permission for that forum (probably not on here long enough)

Regards
Stephen

ah right mate it sonly a few quid to sign up, believe me its worth it...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:04 pm

here you go...

New member considering my first project  Colpor10
New member considering my first project  Colpor11
New member considering my first project  Colpor12
New member considering my first project  Colpor13
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:40 pm

bmd wrote:Thank you for the link, unfortunately i don't have permission for that forum (probably not on here long enough)

Regards
Stephen

ah right mate it sonly a few quid to sign up, believe me its worth it...

Thank you. What is it that you sign up for, is it part of the forum?

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm

bmd wrote:here you go...

Thank you for the photos. That looks perfect. Did you use a commercial set of decals or were they a set you designed and printed yourself?

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:06 pm

no probs stephen...

send brian a pm and he will advise you re membership..

re the coleman porker, it was a combination..i bought a set of rothmans 1:18 decals which are i believe still readily available off ebay, then i made up a couple of the ones required to make the coleman yoke... iirc the set i bought were for a couple of different rothmans liveried motors but they got me started...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down