Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

+21
Dr Tumbo
jusali
Hampton Caught
Simon6R4
focuswrc
Beaney
Manowar
daivideo
Zeus
newt5550
Ryan_C
RORY O CONNOR
Cazzo
JOB
mcm motorsport
GMR..Models
nixr2
COLIN23
Cowley
brian
bmd
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 6 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  JOB Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:20 pm

For the second time in as many weeks I have found that when printing the IBAN/BIC details belonging to an ebay seller the last few digits of the IBAN number have not printed.

On the first occasion I did not even twig that there was an issue - the bank machine kept telling me that the IBAN number was incorrect. I was up to my eyes at work so I now have a non-payment on my ebay record for my troubles as the ebayer did not reply when asked to resend the IBAN number.

It has just happened again and i have asked the ebayer to resend the IBAN number.

Is there a way of retrieving the sellers IBAN & BIC details ?

Last edited by JOB on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

JOB

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 6 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  Juha Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:09 pm

If you have the IBAN number, you can retrieve the BIC.

Websites like http://www.ibancalculator.com can be handy too, if he's given his national number instead of IBAN.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

What I had was an incomplete IBAN . I got on to the Chat help Paypal people and they tried to fob me off with crap about me doing the right thing etc etc. Only after I told them that it was their fault or at least a fault with their system did they come back to me with his IBAN number. So the preformatted ebay sheet sets out all the details inputted by the ebayer but when it came to the IBAN the last 6 digits of his number came up as S( )6 instead of S03896. I will have to wait until tomorrow(as will he) to be sure it works now Razz Razz Razz Razz

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Quick bit of advice lads.

Ordered two items(for a camera) a few weeks ago from a seller who was listed as being UK based. Paid for the items and following day got a message to say they were dispatched. All good so far. On Monday 16th one item arrives, I check on ebay and they sent 2 separate parcels. Leave it a few days and no sign of the 2nd item so sent a message which actually opened a case against them and got a reply it could take a day or 2 after the first item to arrive. So yesterday 25/3/15 the second item arrives and the postage details are down as Gibraltar and not London as per the first item. I go onto ebay and leave neutral feedback and state my unhappiness in the comments section. Today I get a message basically bribing me to change my feedback to positive feedback. The message states first that they will refund 2pounds but at the end they offer a full refund on the item.

Wondering do I try and wrangle a full refund, wasn't a large amount anyway or report to ebay........and maybe get a refund anyway.

What do you reckon???
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:38 pm

i find bein honest the best way peter, whether good or bad, then they or ebay can never get back at you.........you;ve stated your case as you experienced it, i'd leave it........the whole point of feedback is to help the buying community..... just my tuppenceworth m8.... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Peter,

I agree with Billy.

Play it straight. You have the items, you knew how much the postage was going to be (and presume it didn't cost you any more by coming from Gibraltar?) and thus is at the seller's expense sending out two parcels not one.... you have left neutral feedback, which is your prerogative (so long as it's fair), so leave it there.

I've had a similar experience myself. The seller left me negative feedback to which I responded with my own feedback in an objective, factual way, along the lines of 'Despatch was very slow, no response to communications and now I get negative feedback! Be warned!'.

So long as you can justify your feedback comments, leave it there and be prepared to respond with a level head if you receive neutral or negative feedback yourself.

Hope that helps, and good luck!!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Can sellers leave negative feedback? It's been so long since I sold anything on ebay but when I did you didn't have that option.......
And I agree with the above stay honest karma has a funny way of biting you in the bum
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:00 pm

No they can't now. They can only leave positive which i think is a bit unfair but thats ebay for ya. Looks after the buyer and sod the seller.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 pm

I replied back stating neutral feedback was only fair in my opinion but if they wanted to pursue things I would contact ebay and get their views on buyers being bribed with refunds in order to get positive feedback........needless to say I haven't had a reply to that one lol!
Speedy
Speedy

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Good man. Stand your ground!!!!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Fri May 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Not an issue as such but how do I make a listing like this with multiple lots? I'm going to be selling my hotwheels soon & this looks ideal
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391455409517?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=660644532583&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat May 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Click on sell which will then pop a box for an iban or something like. Just go to categories, put in the one you want then next page. There is a box near the top for multiple item. Go in to that then from there on what ever you need to put to describe them etc etc. Hope this makes some sense and helps.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat May 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Does it count as 1 listing or multiple?
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat May 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Not sure as never tried it! Embarassed
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 pm

No probs, thanks for the advice Cool
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Looks like Ebay has a major problem. Able to load the site but cannot get into my summary and looks like lost of America cant as well! Wonder if they've been hacked?

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Anyone come across this GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM lark. Just bought two items in UK on ebay and the seller tells me th following:

Hello

The 2 items you have purchased have been sold via the Global Shipping Program. This means that the postage of these items unfortunately cannot be combined. The Global Shipping Program is an ebay program where items are posted to their shipping centre and ebay then deal with the onward despatch out of the UK.

I am very sorry but there is no way to change this, the 2 purchases will have to be handled as 2 separate transactions.

Kind regards

Its a bit rich when the combined cost of the two items is €20 and postage individually is another €10 each.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Think they need to look into things, I bought three models recently from a UK ebayer and he combined the postage via the global shipping program
Speedy
Speedy

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Speedy wrote:Think they need to look into things, I bought three models recently from a UK ebayer and he combined the postage via the global shipping program

Thanks for that. The guy selling sounds a bit like me - he has to wait for his Godson to help him sort it out !!!!

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:03 pm

James, no matter how they send items, either through the global shipping programme or not the individual seller can combine and change postage however they like. Think they either don't know what to do or a bit of bull sh.....g!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:51 pm

newt5550 wrote:James, no matter how they send items, either through the global shipping programme or not the individual seller can combine and change postage however they like. Think they either don't know what to do or a bit of bull sh.....g!

Got the items at a pretty good price which may explain a lot. Thanks

JOB

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 6 Empty unusual ebay issue?

Post  bmd Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 pm

anyone had this before?
i ordered and paid for a model from a german dealer, through ebay...delivery was supposed to be before 29th january...still nothing so i went to send him a message..when i looked at listing on my home page the title of the model has changed to a road car totally unrelated to the rally model i bought...on my order page it still shows correct title of listing, so i went through 'contact seller' from that order page...again the title changed to the road car!! ive messaged him twice with no reply and resolved to cancel purchase for full refund if nothing heard by noon tomorrow, just wondered if this has happened anyone else? on both my homepage and my order details page the photo of the original correct model remains correct...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun May 24, 2020 8:18 pm

ebay rant time again!! i'm sure someone can think of a reason why buyers dont pay immediately? i mean if you;re keen enough to sit for the last few minutes of an auction, submitting several bids until you win, surely its not too much to spend another 30 seconds hitting 'pay now' and let the seller get the item sorted? no? am i just becoming a grouchy old bu__er in my old age? Evil or Very Mad

my question also is how long should one wait for payment before sending second chance offer to next highest bidder?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 pm

I normally last at least an hour before i think they are taking the micheal...........

Some point to being allowed 2-3 days by Ebay - beyond that I use Ebay to resolve - 9 times out of 10 if they haven't paid in 3 days, they will never pay but don't have the cohones to admit they want to walk away from the auction (which is a pain if you don't want to suffer the ebay fees).
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon May 25, 2020 8:43 am

aye good point paul, auctioned finished last night, one guy had submited several bids and had messaged me so was genuiniely keen, but he was pipped at last minute by new bidder who won, hasnt paid, hasnt been in contact at all...im for post office with other item so would be nice if he would pay,,,
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next