Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

+21
Dr Tumbo
jusali
Hampton Caught
Simon6R4
focuswrc
Beaney
Manowar
daivideo
Zeus
newt5550
Ryan_C
RORY O CONNOR
Cazzo
JOB
mcm motorsport
GMR..Models
nixr2
COLIN23
Cowley
brian
bmd
25 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 3 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  Beaney Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm

you probably get a refund from paypal brian, but might take a while..
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 3 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  brian Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Hope so Mark, however id rather have the model to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 am

hope you get sorted brian.....

just had a strange experience.....won a focus on ebay, which i had planned for conversion, paid immediately through paypal; just had cancellation rquest from seller...he says its because it would cost £26 to post to Northern Ireland!! this really pi__es me off as i know its because he thinks he sold it for too little and wants to put the arm in me for postage!!! and he has now refunded me so i'm obliged to accept request!! this is a nasty way to deal with people..........Evil or Very Mad 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 am

I had a similar experience Billy...

I bought an original Rover showroom poster, but it was a limited edition of a designer's sketch signed by the actual designer. However, as the seller listed it in the 'Formula 1 autograph' category with a crap title and description, I was the only bidder and actually won it for 99p! Then I get a message via eBay stating that he apologises but the item has become water damaged in his shed - along with all of the other prints he listed badly and only sold for 99p! - so 'Sorry!' but he won't be able to conclude the auction...

I sent him a message back stating sorry, that I was gutted it was damaged, but that I'd like to see the damage. He then accuses me of mistrusting him, and said that I can't have wanted it that much as I only valued it at 99p!

Hang on a minute chump! It WASN'T ME that listed it with a 99p Start Price! It WASN'T ME that listed it in the wrong category! It WASN'T ME that described it appallingly! geek 

I even sent him a message stating that it is still surely my own right to accept an item if it has become damaged since it was listed, and if the seller has been honest enough to describe the damage accurately to me? I'm right aren't I guys - I do still have the right to accept the item if I'm prepared to accept it with the damage as described aren't I? scratch

I also informed that that if he wanted to sell an item for more like it's true value next time that he addresses all of these issues! I even pointed out to him that if he'd taken the time to look at the number f bids that he will have seen that I placed a second bid approx 20 seconds prior to the auction ending! My contingency bid was of £35 to hopefully I ensured that nobody would come in with a late bid and win it for £1.05p - so HOW DARE he have the nerve to accuse me of only valuing it at 99p! Evil or Very Mad 

I have not heard a word from him since! Evil or Very Mad
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 am

aye thats a dirty one david..............some guys have no decency in them at all! Evil or Very Mad 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 am

I know mate, and I'm as sure as I can be that he only came up with the damage excuse because he wasn't happy with all those 99p's that he earnt! Evil or Very Mad 

But what do I do?... Leave negative feedback for him so that he does the same to me, which will end my 100% Positive Feedback to date, or do I just ignore it, and put it down to experience? Neutral 
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  focuswrc Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:05 pm

David believe it or not Sellers can not leave the buyer neg feedback !!!!!!!!!! Why I do not know. Leave him neg and block him from bidding on your items. This might not stop him for he can have another user name.

focuswrc

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:10 pm

well i've emailed my seller and agreed to cancel the deal...i've told him N.I. is still part of the UK, we use Royal Mail and postage between us and the mainland is never more then £9!! not the £26 he is asking!!! Evil or Very Mad 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Jimmy - I never knew that! Embarassed 

That seems a strange decision really, but on this occasion it actually favours myself for a change, so who's complaining! Wink 
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

bmd wrote:well i've emailed my seller and agreed to cancel the deal...i've told him N.I. is still part of the UK, we use Royal Mail and postage between us and the mainland is never more then £9!! not the £26 he is asking!!! Evil or Very Mad 

Billy he wants you to agree to cancel the transaction because he will then get back his EBay final value fee.
As he has already refunded you it is unlikely that he will go through and let you still buy the model, but you can still leave him a negative feedback and like Jimmy said sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers.

I have had similar experiences with some sellers, really annoying just because they don't get what they want for their item, but with the eBay system they can get away with not going through with sale Evil or Very Mad 
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:36 pm

thanks for that simon..Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm

ok just left neg f'back for the first ever time!
but tell me, even though i explained why in the comment box, why do i feel guilty when it was the seller who was at his work?? scratch  Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Why? scratch  Coz you're a decent sort, Billy, who doesn't like to openly criticise people in an open forum (i.e. eBay) and treats people in the way you like to be treated yourself. sunny 

I feel the same way and have felt the same guilt on the two occasions I've left negative feedback. Don't like doing it but sometimes you have to - and not to do it means others may have the same misfortune as you!

Cheers, Steve

Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 pm

thanks steve........... Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 pm

so now the focus seller has replied to my negative feedback with a big...'add said no postage outside uk, HELLO!!!!!!!!'............. Rolling Eyes 
this guy's only knitting with one needle!lol!  i've already told him N.I. is part of the UK but he still ain't getting it...... ah well....tongue 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:14 pm

You can add a follow up note to the feedback you left and tell him on there that NI is part of the UK.

He must be a few stamps short of a full parcel lol! 
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:27 pm

lol!  cheers simon, yeah i've just done exactly that, and awaiting his next excuse..... Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Billy, he might not have the opportunity to come back at you anyway! Can't you make comments on the comments and that's it!? Keep any comments factual and avoid opinions, name-calling etc.

You could, perhap, let eBay know about the comment. I think they can remove unfair/ nasty comments - after all, that sort of thing reflects badly on eBay itself! Worth a try, I'd have thought? Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:06 pm

cheers steve, you may be right, he hasn't come back on my comment....which merely stated that ni is part of uk and he has not a valid reason for increasing postage from £9 to £26 after I have won the auction.....
its all experience........... Very Happy 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Life is full of experiences Billy , then you get one bad occassionally from some eejit thats not got a clue Laughing 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 pm

indeed m8! Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Just seen on Ebay they are changing Final Sellers Fees. Instead of for example the cost of the item, say £20 they are going to add the postage to it aswell. So the £20 plus say £4 postage. Final value fee is on £24. If you get that muddled up explanation. The Barsteward Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:02 pm

i'm probably in the minority here chris but i expected this to happen ages ago....we've all seen guys selling £100 models for £50 plus £50 postage, to save the seller fees........ i'm just surprised they haven't jumped on this before now..... Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 3 Empty help asap please!

Post  bmd Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 am

lads please help.......... could someone log on to ebay uk and see if it works? I've tried logging in several times this morning and it says my id and/or password is incorrect!! wonder if theres an ebay problem or has someone doctored my account?
ive checked my spelling and caps lock is off.............aaarrrggghhhh!!!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am

bmd wrote:lads please help.......... could someone log on to ebay uk and see if it works? I've tried logging in several times this morning and it says my id and/or password is incorrect!! wonder if theres an ebay problem or has someone doctored my account?
ive checked my spelling and caps lock is off.............aaarrrggghhhh!!!
it doesnt work here either!
i thought it was my comp billy but glad it aint now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next