Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only

+7
Hampton Caught
Speedy
scoobycollection
newt5550
bmd
omer yetis
brian
11 posters

Go down

Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only Empty Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only

Post  brian Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am

Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only. How hard is it to charge extra and post to another country. Really annoying when you find a bargain on ebay, go to put in a bid and it says you cant bid because its UK only.

Getting someone else to bid will mean double postage and the bargain is gone then

Back to top Go down

Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only Empty Re: Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only

Post  omer yetis Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 am

same here Brian, I am also wondering the same but not only for UK, many other countries... I missed many bargains and models like that...

but I guess the sellers are afraid of the problems occur during postage as there may some lost/damaged etc items that they dont want to deal with problems I guess..

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only Empty Re: Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only

Post  bmd Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:27 pm

totally agree lads, but imho its even worse when sellers on the mainland uk refuse to post to one of the four parts of the uk!!!! Mad 
its regularly the case that they won't post to Northern Ireland, even though we use Sterling, Royal Mail and the Post Office etc...........can you imagine the uproar if they refused to sell to scotland, wales or england? of course its often the case that ignorance is the problem, with many sellers not even knowing that N.I is part of the UK! too much time on facebook and watching eastenders, not enough time learning basic facts!!!

there, rant over!! Embarassed lol! 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I think the guy that screwed you around with the Focus has it back up sale, with a not so nice comment attached.

Theres a few solido focus's cheap at the moment, and i need a few of them, but they are all UK only.

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Because they are Muppets Laughing 

No seriously. Alot of people don't want the hassle of sending abroad. I myself don't have an issue.

If you want to bid Brian, you can always use my address for postage then i can forward on. Maybe Laughing

I have a 1/18 Sunstar Focus here if any good. Duval / Prevot Mexico 04. Bp liveried car.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for the offer mate, but the solido one has the proper tarmac rims. Side mirrors are not right but thats easy to fix.

I dont need them yet, but would have picked them up since they were cheap

Back to top Go down

Post  scoobycollection Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 pm

brian wrote:Why do sellers on ebay have it set to UK only. How hard is it to charge extra and post to another country. Really annoying when you find a bargain on ebay, go to put in a bid and it says you cant bid because its UK only.

Getting someone else to bid will mean double postage and the bargain is gone then

Brian,
I live near Aughnacloy in NI on the border with Monaghan.
If you ever want to get anything posted to me that would be fine.
Not sure if you are ever up this way but you could collect if you were coming past.
I already do this for a couple of others who face exactly the same problem.
Same goes for anyone else having similar problems.

scoobycollection

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:40 pm

aye brian i read his new ad..... i cried for days at him calling me names!!!! lol! 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm

scoobycollection wrote:
Brian,
I live near Aughnacloy in NI on the border with Monaghan.
If you ever want to get anything posted to me that would be fine.
Not sure if you are ever up this way but you could collect if you were coming past.
I already do this for a couple of others who face exactly the same problem.
Same goes for anyone else having similar problems.

Thanks mate, ill definitely keep you in mind

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Another option might be to sign up for Parcel Motel, from memory they will supply a NI address and you add in the code they give you on registering with them, then they know you are in the South and it is delivered to your nearest Parcel Motel location. As far as the seller is aware the item is going to a UK address. You get a text message with the locker number and code for the lock.
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

I have used Parcel Motel before, its a great service. Just might have to set up a new ebay account for it. We even have a collection point outside work

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:44 am

The Parcel Motel thing sounds excellent! What a great idea! cheers 

I have seen a lot of eBay listings that single out Italy as being a no go zone. Has there been a lot of problems with Italian bidders or is it that the Italian postal system is even worse than the Royal Mail!? Surely not! pirat 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Don't you diss the Royal Mail Steven. We are a very trust worthy estabilishment Laughing 

You wait till it gets privatised. Then it will go down hill rapidly Evil or Very Mad 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:12 pm

yeah.................. downhill rapidly..................yeah.................Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Chris[topher],

No offence, I've nothing against the good folk who work for the Post Office, just speaking as I've found! Surprised 

Mind you, some of the couriers operating around here fall short on the basics; Had a windscreen washer reservoir with two pumps delivered for my Austin Metro Vanden Plas yesterday. The parcel was very clearly marked 'Fragile, Handle With Care'. Didn't stop the numpty from tossing it over my 6' high sidegate on to the concrete path below! Mad 

Does anyone know what the issue with Italian bidders or their postal service is that makes people put no Italian bidders on their listings? Neutral 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  modelrallysport.com Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 am

ALSO HAPPY TO RE--POST to you if you want to use my UK address

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:20 pm

The way around this for southern Irish buyers anyway is to have a second eBay account with the postal address set for Parcel motel's Belfast address. You need to join parcel motel as well- 3.5 euro delivery to the south from Belfast but you do get the cheaper uk post costs to Belfast so it all balances out. If you are new to Parcel motel the first two deliveries are free.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm

I will post models to Northern and southern Ireland

Only problem is nobody is wanting to buy from me

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah I post worldwide sh1t meself everytime I do it too Sad
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down