Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted

4 posters

Go down

waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted Empty waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted

Post  srsmodels Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Needed for some small projects

Someone that can do pre cut waterslide decals in quanity of 30

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted Empty Re: waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted

Post  srsmodels Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Any help with this would be appreciated

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted Empty Re: waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted

Post  srsmodels Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:43 am

3 months now

Must be someone out there that can do the above decals

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 am

Steve,

It might be the 'precut' bit that no-one can help put with? Then there's the sticky situation with printing white decals unless you're using white decal paper. There aren't that many ALPS printers about and those that are out there are getting on a bit, seeing as they've been out of production for several years.

I'd been investigating a white printer recently, but the price, age of the kit and risks involved buying something from 'the US of America' which has been 'refurbished' has put me right off.  Sad 

There must be members who could put you on to a third party who can help you? Perhaps a PM to Vitor, Andy or David (Cowley) might be the approach to take?

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Steve,

if I am not mistaken those pre-cut decals can only be printed with serigraphy/screen printing. which is expensive to prepare the templates. therefore, the printing companies are asking at least 100-150 sets...
therefore, I guess would be difficult for you to source but if you find any way to solve this, let me know as well as I am looking forward high quality printed decals...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Yes 'pre-cut'  cant be printed with a conventional printer. As Omer said, you need to make a plate that has the parts you need removed to allow ink print only that area. So if you have a decal that has a number of different colours, you need many plates to do this. Its very expensive and not really suited to small runs.

Take this Rothmans Logo. This would need 6 different plates made.
1. A clear layer a little bigger than the logo.
2. A white under layer
3. Blue
4. Gold
5. Red
6. Clear sealer layer.

waterslide pre cut decal maker wanted Rothmans%2090%20logo

If you were to go without the pre-cut option then that opens far more doors, especially if you can do the artwork yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down