Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM NEEDS YOU!!

+20
turn the wheel
modelrallysport.com
mconboy
Ryan_C
reeft1
Hampton Caught
Zeus
srsmodels
Rallycol
Ted Creedon
bmd
jimb
Niallod
Simon6R4
Cazzo
brian
newt5550
Speedy
Juha
mcm motorsport
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FORUM NEEDS YOU!! - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM NEEDS YOU!!

Post  6r4nicky Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Hello everyone, I hope all is well with yourselves?  Smile 

Sorry I haven't been on the forum at all the last several months, but to be honest I just don't have the time do model stuff or run the forum any more. Some of you on here that know me personally will know that I started a new job in November which is taking up a lot more time than my previous job. It doesn't help with me having so many hobbies and interests either lol

I explained to Paul a few weeks ago about looking to hand the forum over to someone else as I have quite a few important things I am doing this year with my other site 6r4.net, but I wanted to make sure that it would be handed over to someone that I know will take care of you guys and make sure the forum is kept as a great place for everyone to talk about their hobby, with the added banter that goes with it.

I didn't think a couple of years ago that this forum would still be going to be honest! I only thought it would be a gap fill, till someone else set up a forum, but I have to say that it was nice with all the support I received off you all when I started this forum, and since, so I would like to thank you all for that.

Anyway enough of me going on  lol!  I have rejoined on here and will be popping in now and then to see how the world of rally models is. You never know I might get the bug back one day but for the moment it just isn't there. I would like to again thank you all for your support and kind words, and wish Brian all the best with running the forum from now, and in the future.

Best wishes to everyone on diecast rally models, see you all soon.

Nicky  Very Happy 

6r4nicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Ah so your just a normal member now.... Welcome to the Forum Nicky  lol! 

I'd like to thank you again for starting this forum back when the other place closed up and for keeping it going all this time,
I'm sure you were kept busy in the background looking after everything, it's a credit to you that it's still going Wink
I'd also like to wish you all the best of luck with all that you have planned this year + the recent change of job,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi Nicky,

Completely agree with Colin's comments above and add my thanks to you too.  cheers  Thanks especially for your valuable help with the Lawrence Gibson 'skin'. I'll be able to show you how that's finished in the very near future. The bonnet would have been nigh on impossible to do without the skin to decalise and wrap over the front of the model.

I guess the 6r4.net site will be reflecting the 30th anniversary of our favourite rally car so hope that and the job/ family life goes well for you.

Speak soon and thanks again, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Firstly, big thanks to nicky for everything hes done running this place. Unfortunately, due to a silly thing in the admin panel, nickys old account has had to be changed over to me to be able to access some features. So Nicky has set up a new account and all his old posts will now show as Admin. I have asked Paul to continue his role as moderator and thankfully he has agreed to do so. I will continue to post under my own account so please PM myself or Paul with any issues that might arise.

Ive been looking through the admin section and the costs to run the forum are so small that ill cover the costs myself. Its really not worth the hassle with paypal for such a small amount. I would however still like introduce a yearly fee system to keep the forum somewhat secure regarding keeping unwanted eyes off off collections threads etc. This will be through paypal as im sure everyone on here uses paypal anyway. What becomes of that money ive a few ideas for it, but if anyone has any thoughts on it PM me to discuss them. It will be a few weeks before anything is introduced.

All other ideas people have for the forum please post them here and ill see what i can do. Hopefully we can continue with the great community we have here and make 2014 a great rally model year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your post and for keeping things going for us. Life wouldn't be the same without the help, banter and wallet-demolishing opportunities the Forum gives us all.  Laughing  I'm glad we're in safe hands.

Thinking of wallet-demolishing, I wonder how you are getting on with the Meeke 6R4 model run? I think I'm in the early double-figures!!

Cheers and thanks again, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Slowly but surely. I had done them in singles up to now but i loose interest when one is done. Am now stripping enough to do 10 in one go. Needless to say when these are done, i wont be doing anymore runs of models like that. This stripping and repainting lark is a chore and dont even mention making the roof scoops. How the proper builders do runs of 50 ill never know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Great to know that we will have the forum keeping going, big thanks Brian.

I'm glad that you are still doing the Meeke 6r4s, look forward to this whenever you get them done Brian. I know what you mean about doing a run of models, I've only done a run of 10 and it is very hard to keep the interest up in doing the same model over and over, I would never keep enough interest in them to do 50!!
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Exellent news Brian. Good to see the forum continuing and any monies i have to pay will be gladly sent. It's the only thing keeping me sane these days  Laughing 

If you want to add another Meeke 6R4 to the list send it this way. I think you should up it to a few more  Wink  They would certainly sell  Very Happy 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Apologies for my lack of recent contributions gents - I managed to pick up a couple of temporary jobs for November & December, and I was really quite busy, and concentrated on keeping my head down, saying 'Yes!' to any overtime or extra shifts that I was offered, and generally showing some form of application, commitment and dedication in the hope that the last job would lead to something longer term...  ...but it didn't! Ho hum...  No 

Anyway, that's enough about me. Wink Thank you Nicky for all that you have done for this fine community in the past, and also 'Congratulations and Many Thanks!' to yourself Brian for taking over the reigns (& Paul!  Laughing ), and ensuring the longterm future security of the forum.  cheers

Here's wishing you all, and the Diecast Rally Model forum, all the very best for 2014, and beyond....  cheers 
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3