Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to sell my collection

+2
reeft1
Cardy
6 posters

Go down

How to sell my collection  Empty How to sell my collection

Post  Cardy Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm looking for some advice chaps I know eBay is the obvious answer but it's such a pain selling over 300 models

If anyone knows msport then please ask them as they are all fiesta and focus models and it would be nice to sell to them and I do free delivery Wink
Cardy
Cardy

Back to top Go down

How to sell my collection  Empty Re: How to sell my collection

Post  reeft1 Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Knocking it on the head? Sorry to see you leaving the hobby - I wish you well in whatever plans you may have.

Grandprixmodels sometimes buy collections, but i think they are typically kits rather than built cars.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:50 pm

You could try a specialst toy/model auction these are around the country at various times & locations. Dont forget auction costs

Or you could list them with prices on here as like minded collectors are all on here, they understand what the models are.

Or you try taking a table at some of the bigger swapmeets to see what happens.

Or take a table at a Ford related outdoor show. Right models right people. They might have all the standard stuff and might be looking for those special ones.

I have been autojumbling and doing swapmeets for years and trust me you will not get what you think your models are worth. These days everyone wants something for nothing. What the models are worth and what you might get are poles apart. As sellers we are just feeding the stuff into the system. We are not the final seller unless you have the contacts.

Separate out any in your collection that you consider as high value and put these on ebay and let them find their own level. Any other models partworks for example you might be lucky to get a tenner for them. Any models you have converted many wont understand what you have done. Only a died in the wool enthusiast will get it.

It wont be easy selling a load of models. You will have to work quite hard to shift 300 models and it will take ages. The good ones always go first leaving you with all the plain ones!!

Just some thoughts...Good luck
Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55 pm

I would defo say put them on here...........you will have the right people with the right atitude

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardy Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Cheers lads it's something I've been mulling over for while I've not bought or built a model in ages just lost the drive really felt I was building just because and not for the the love of it

I do understand they aren't worth much unless your into this stuff but it's like anything only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

See what happens
Cardy
Cardy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Lowe Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 am

messaged you
Mark Lowe
Mark Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post  mk2glenn Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm

I imagine they will have to be sold individually. Ebay, Facebook, forums etc.

Time consuming.

mk2glenn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down