Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit consequences

+9
Cess
RORY O CONNOR
Speedy
daivideo
David Napier
bmd
Sal the 2nd
brian
JOB
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Brexit consequences - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit consequences

Post  Sal the 2nd Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Depends whether the seller is happy to mark up the Customs form as Gift with a value equating to less than £35.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  daivideo Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:17 pm

I think he will
daivideo
daivideo

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:16 pm

would there be any point in proposing a section whereby uk members wanting to buy from a european seller, but put off by the £135 lower limit, make it known on here so if anyone else also wants to buy from the seller, we could see if we could combine the purchases to reach the limit, then once the package arrives in uk, we could sort internal deivery between ourselves...................or is that a non starter.....?? Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Golf's arrived yesterday with no hitch!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:47 pm

I've had no problems at all buying in from Europe or sending out models to EU countries include ROI
Also NI......

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:42 am

aye its not a problem, except when its a single model whose value doesnt reach the 135 cut-off point...then the seller refuses to sell to uk... if youre a buying a couple or more i guess it will be grand...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Yesterday was the first day that the EU introduced VAT on private and marketplace sales to the EU from anywhere outside of the EU

27 different tariffs. Sellers must have a OSS number and registration for the country they are sending to (OSS VAT ID: NL855284213B01) this one is for the Netherlands, there are 27 off those as well, which with a Separate invoice both must also be attached on the envelope on a CN22 and invoice

Failure to do so will incur the end user getting a bill handling charge and an accessed tax charge, or the items will be returned

The EU tax includes VAT on our own postal charge (which is effectively charging VAT on another countries postal charges which may or may not be already taxed in the host country)

UK Vat registration is worthless, France will now treat all gifts as Vatable sales

EU countries as of today can trade VAT free with their members but everyone else is charged EU VAT
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 pm

I've sold several models on ebay. At checkout ebay automatically charges the vat/duty. I post them registered and I dont know what happens after that.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:32 pm

That all sounds extremely daunting. I was planning on a rationalisation of my non rally models in the next 12 months or so. Looks like i will sell to the uk only.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:01 pm

You do not have to pay VAT on a NI car if it was first registered in NI. But if it was first registered in the UK and then shipped to NI before Brexit then you do have to pay the vat. If bringing in a vat qualifying car from UK you need a customs agent to do all the paperwork for you and then you pay the vat, having exported it clear of vat from UK. You also need to pay the VRT. If the pound weakens to parity or close to parity with the euro this woukd wipe out the vrt increases in the last budget.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Had to pay Duty/VAT charges on my latest Otto order of two Pug 106 Maxis which was exactly the same value of my last two orders in June which didnt get charged. Is it purely bad luck or have the rules changed again?
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:25 pm

not sure chris, i missed mine today as i was working, going to pick it up tomorrow at local depot...so i guess i'll see...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:42 pm

bmd wrote:not sure chris, i missed mine today as i was working, going to pick it up tomorrow at local depot...so i guess i'll see...
You are in Northern Ireland so you are in the customs zone of EU so you shouldn't be paying VAT.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:22 am

hope so... havent had to before for otto deliveries...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:19 pm

Looks like I may be forced to order in singles and pay multiple carriage now which will still work out cheaper than the wholesale price in Non N.I UK. Still intrigued as to why Ive copped for it this time but maybe as suspected its just luck of the draw.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:33 pm

So looks like Tricky Richy has given the model buyers of NI continued advantage over the rest of us in the so called "United Kingdom". Resigned to buying my Otto from the wholesaler now rather than the club as 2 competition cars plus shipping will push me into the duty charges every time and single model shipping to the UK now seems to be only a couple of euro less than 2 models.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:33 pm

Went to pre-order the Ibiza kit car from Otto tonight but am being quoted 27.30 euro shipping for a single model so thats bye bye to me being an Otto club member now for certain.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3