Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowley's latest projects...

+18
mcm motorsport
143models.com
Cazzo
David Napier
Juha
Ted Creedon
Zeus
Admin
Hampton Caught
Group B Models
modelrallysport.com
GMR..Models
newt5550
Simon6R4
CDM
mconboy
cowfeeder
Cowley
22 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cowley's latest projects... Empty Cowley's latest projects...

Post  Cowley Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm just taking this opportunity to bring you up to date with a few 'recently' completed projects of mine, including...

My improved, corrected and detailed Malcolm Wilson : 1986 1000 Lakes Rally model...

Cowley's latest projects... 1000Lakes-1

Cowley's latest projects... 1000Lakes-2

A brace of Rally Models' GB Series decals applied to suitable base models, namely the Jimmy McRae : 1986 El Corte Ingles Rally entry, and the Marc Duez : 1986 Hunsruck Rally entry...

Cowley's latest projects... CorteIngles-1

Cowley's latest projects... Hunsruck-1

A personal Code 3 Tony Pond : 1986 Sanremo Rally entry...

Cowley's latest projects... Sanremo-1

Another personal Code 3 Didier Auriol : 1986 Tour de Corse entry - which I am particularly pleased with, and it's known as Otto's Baby Brother lol!...

Cowley's latest projects... Corsica-3

Cowley's latest projects... Corsica-4

And lastly for the moment, yet another personal Code 3 of the plain white 1985 Knebworth House Press Launch car B196 XUD - a perfect accompaniment to the Rally Models' GB Series 'sister car' B197 XUD that Andy released a while back...

Cowley's latest projects... KnebworthWhite-1

Cowley's latest projects... KnebworthWhite-2

This last one was not only stripped back to bare metal and repainted, but it also features my own decals, and is the first time that I have removed the rear undertray and fabricated the exhaust silencer. I made a couple of attempts at making it, but have now settled on the above version. This will no doubt stand me in good stead for the next time I need to carry out the same mod.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts, criticisms and opinions! Wink
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Cowley's latest projects... Empty Re: Cowley's latest projects...

Post  cowfeeder Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Excellent David, particularly like the added detail on the MW & launch car Cool.

Well done!
M
cowfeeder
cowfeeder

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Very nice model David.
The last one is the pick for me..Reminds me of photo with the customer cars lined up.
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Dave

Now there is a thought...All those cars lined up for inspection would make a class diarama....!

For the moment we will leave you to it and come back in a few months time to see how you are getting along....

Good luck
Cheers
Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Excellent work David, I particularly like the press launch car, very neat build Smile
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Superb. The press launch car looks great. I would like one of those Very Happy Wink
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

All very very nice...loving them all...Fair play !
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

http://www.gmrmodels.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Many thanks for the kind word chaps -all very much appreciated. Wink

I thought the press launch car would go down well, but it will certainly be easier to fir the exhaust silncer next time now that I know what to do.
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 pm

CDM wrote:Now there is a thought...All those cars lined up for inspection would make a class diarama....!

For the moment we will leave you to it and come back in a few months time to see how you are getting along....
Mmmmmmmm, as much as I appreciate your suggestion for a diorama Chris, I don't think I'll bother mate! Shocked
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Dave

Ok we will let you off.

But some excellent additions to your 6R4 collection. I guess it would be possible to do all the 6R4s that appeared on the World Championship? That would be a hell of a project.

Another interesting theme would be to find a chassis that has appeared in the most liveries.

Cheers
Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  modelrallysport.com Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

WOW David i realy like those----------well done

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Group B Models Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Like a lot the 1985 Knebworth House Press Launch . The work in the exausts is great. Good job.
Group B Models
Group B Models

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Many thanks Chris & George - your kind words are appreciated for sure.

Nice ideas Chris, and that is part of the 'big master plan' - to produce all of the WRC 6R4 entries. Zeus is a lot further advanced than I am I reckon, but my tally is currently...

1985 RAC x2 (+1 required)
1986 Monte x2
1986 Sweden x1 (+2 required)
1986 Portugal x1 (+2 required)
1986 Corsica x3
1986 New Zealand x1
1986 1000 Lakes x3 (+1 required)
1986 San Remo x2 (+1 required)
1986 RAC x2 (+11 required)

We're getting there slowly! affraid
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Group B Models wrote:Like a lot the 1985 Knebworth House Press Launch . The work in the exausts is great. Good job.
Thank you Vitor - that means a lot. Wink

The exhaust pipes were made from 2mm alloy tubing, which I drilled out the inside with a 1.5mm twist drill to make the wall of the pipes thinner. These then fit neatly over the black plastic 'stumps' sticking out the back of the car on the cheaper Altaya base model.

The exhaust silencer was made from Evergreen round plastic rod - but I cannot recall the diameter at the moment! - which was then filed flat on one edge so that it would glue nicely to the underside of the black plastic rear floor. Two bands of paper were then wrapped around the silencer to represent the metal bands around it. You can't really see it from the photo above, but I also made the rear lower framework from 1mm Evergreen square plastic rod.

I hope that helps. Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey David,

Congrats, lots of fine effort and attention to detail. Me likes! Very Happy

Is there any chance of showing (off) the rear of the Knebworth launch car in another photo, particularly considering the extra efforts you've made at the back there?

I'd like to have a go at this myself, but given I'm currently working my way through seven lots of decals I already have and have four more rallycross liveries in mind (at last count: Gollop 'MobilMetro', Barry Hathaway, Lawrence Gibson and Dermott Carnegie) it might take a while. 6R4 count is currently at 33!

Do we know if the Bogie car (you know the one that went for £322 + P&P on eBay recently) was bought by a member here? Would be neat to have kept it 'in the family'! Cool

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Absolutely fantastic work there David! Top stuff! Love the extra attention to detail on the exhaust and tail pipes etc, its the little touches I think that make the difference between a good model, and an exceptional model.

Cant wait to see what additions you have in the pipeline mate, its looking like a great year for collectors of 1/43 Metro 6R4 models Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Many thanks for the kind words Steve! Very Happy

Now that it's temporarily stopped raining..... Shocked I'll take a couple of photos of the lower back end of the white Knebworth Launch car for you to in better detail and in daylight. All of the photos above were taken indoors with flash, and models always look so much nicer when naturally lit without the flash. Leave it with me and I'll get them uploaded later on mate - all being well....

You're working your way through seven sets of decals - you poor thing! Sad - I've got almost TWO DOZEN of sets to work through! affraid Ya bloomin' lightweight lol! Wink

I do not know who bought the Bogie ebay car Steve. Mark would be the only person who'd know as he was the seller. Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Likewise Nicky, I also really appreciate your kind words at the same time fella! Wink

I certainly try and get the models as accurate as possible if I can. If a job's worth doing it's worth doing right mate - which sounds like your own attitude as well based on your Sanyo decal project, and how particular you are on getting the detail right.

More to follow as and when I'm ready to show them to you all......... Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Hampton Caught wrote:Hey David,

Do we know if the Bogie car (you know the one that went for £322 + P&P on eBay recently) was bought by a member here? Would be neat to have kept it 'in the family'! Cool

Cheers, Steve

Its not even been paid for Steve so I have reported the buyer as they have had a week to pay and shouldnt of bidded if they knew they couldnt pay for it
I have things to buy too and pay for them so the buyer either pays up or I will be seeking the £32.00 sellers fee back for the inconvenience and I aint bothered if the person is a member or not.

I gave them the chance to pay or cancel the sale and ebay have had no word back yet
I hate timewasters
Sorry for the rant

Yours
Pissed off Very Happy

Last edited by Model Motorsport on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Love these Cool Launch car is great, even down to the mirrors Cool

My WRC entries:
1985 RAC x2 (+1 required)
1986 Monte x2
1986 Sweden x1 (+1.5 required Laughing )
1986 Portugal x3
1986 Corsica (+3 required)
1986 New Zealand (+1 required)
1986 1000 Lakes x3 (+1 required)
1986 San Remo x1 (+2 need building)
1986 RAC x5 (+8 required)
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Many thanks Dave, and I am pleased you like the Knebworth white car, and that you also noticed the mirrors! It's the little details mate, the little details. Wink

Well that's a coincidence isn't it mate - we both have exactly SEVENTEEN 1985/1986 WRC entries! Wink

More to follow...
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Cowley wrote:Many thanks Dave, and I am pleased you like the Knebworth white car, and that you also noticed the mirrors! It's the little details mate, the little details. Wink

Well that's a coincidence isn't it mate - we both have exactly SEVENTEEN 1985/1986 WRC entries! Wink

More to follow...

Did you think I wouldnt notice Laughing Where did you source them from??

Very much so & I think you have a greater chance of finishing them before me too Laughing
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

The mirrors came from a spare Starter resin kit mate - either Belga or Clarion I can't remember. Even though the International vented mirrors were included on the resin bodyshell, they also gave you these spare 'bullet' mirrors for greater accuracy. Which was nice.... Wink

I'm working on my Duez Sanremo car now, which will complete that event's three entries, but then I'll get on with completing my Portugal entries -which I know you already have sorted. The 'mammoth' 1986 RAC can wait a bit lol! affraid
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Must be the Belga as my Clarion doesn't have them with it. Cant wait to see your 3 Sanremo entries. I stll need to souce my TdC event plates...slacking Laughing

I'll get around to building those myself when my college work is done. Whats the total of unique models now??
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Yeah it must be the Clarion one then Dave, although I do think that parts and castings differed over the years. Originally the splitter and diffuser sides were brass - later ones were black plastic. Anyway, at least you now know where I got the mirrors from... Wink

As soon as I've finished the Duez 86 Sanremo car, I'll take some photos of it alone, but then also as the three-car entry for this one event - as I will do for Corsica now that I have made Didier's car finished. Carlos Lopes does (or did?) the decals for Corsica mate, they're Chatriot Maxi 5 decals - but I only used the Corsica event plates as the rest is of no use!

Here's a couple more photos of the plain white 1985 Knebworth House Press Launch car for you Steve - and anyone else that's interested! - and it shows the exhausts and rear lower framework in a little better detail. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, as the silencer is a little too low for a start! However, the offset to the kerbside is about right I reckon. Ideally, I'd like to have the exhaust pipes curving out of each end of the silencer as it really should be, but on this occasion I used the position of the tailpipes as per the original model - which are a little too high. Is this man never satisfied? Embarassed

Enjoy... Wink

Cowley's latest projects... KnebworthWhite-3

Cowley's latest projects... KnebworthWhite-4

Cowley's latest projects... KnebworthWhite-5

I haven't got a clue about my total number of 'unique' 6R4 models at the moment Dave, but I still think you're ahead in the big scheme of things - maybe only just though.... bounce
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next