Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs?

+2
bmd
newt5550
6 posters

Go down

Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs? Empty Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs?

Post  newt5550 Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Unions had planned a strike for Monday next week but have now reached a semi-agreement with Royal Mail so the strike has been called off . So if you are planning on posting anything it shouldn't now be held up.

Also Royal Mail are revising the costs of sending packets. They are going to up the size for small packets and i think do away with the dearer medium packet. Soon as i find out more i will let you know.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs? Empty Re: Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs?

Post  bmd Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

great to have our own...'edward snowden' in royal mail m8!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil jocolor 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs? Empty Re: Royal Mail Strike...............Packet costs?

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes indeedee! Thanks for that, Chris. Appreciate the 'heads up'!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Great news on the parcel front they must have lost loads of business with that crazy change!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  jimb Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:22 pm

I was in my village post office today and I was given a leaflet about the new Small Parcel rates. They now have two size options; the original size maximum (45 cm (L) x 35 cm (W) x 8 cm (D)) and the new size maximum (35 cm (L) x 25 cm (W) x 16 cm (D)) which the postmistress reckoned was about the size of a large shoe box. The good news is that both sizes start at £2.60 for 2nd class up to 1 kg and £5.60 up to 2 kg so this should help postage for our 1:43 models but not a great deal of help for the 1:18's.
jimb
jimb

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Indeed good news - insane that it costs me and buyers a fortune to send a single model when i could send a parcel much larger and heavier for the same cost. Now if we could just fix for me the twice a year periods when a batch of parcels all go missing within days of each other but royalmail claim nothing untoward is going on.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 pm

I wonder how long it will take for most eBay sellers to reflect the revise prices on their listings! Question 

I suspect it will be like forecourt fuel prices which go up very quickly but seem to take a strangely long time to reduce back down, if ever at all! Rolling Eyes 

We'll see! Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down