Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Otto M3!!!!

+10
jusali
RORY O CONNOR
Sal
newt5550
Mal
omer yetis
Cazzo
focuswrc
bmd
brian
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Another Otto M3!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Otto M3!!!!

Post  Mal Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:46 pm

No, but I should be on their balance sheets as a contributing member Embarassed 

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Otto are very French in their approach, but who can blame them as they shift a lot of units of Gallic machinery. Lets be honest though the 6R4 was a bit of left field choice for them at the time even though Auriol won the French Championship in 86 they could have stuck with the 5 Maxi. They have shaken up the 1/18 market with their approach and as previously mentioned I have them to blame for my growing 1/18th collection...

If they do a Sierra Sapphire rally version my moneys on the Bastos car of Bernard Beguin 91 French Champion...Very Happy 

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:08 am

brian wrote:Your right there Rory, they nearly always have a french connection. We just need another company to make Japanese cars and we are sorted. Im expecting the first seirra to be Delecour's 1993 monte car. Otto have seen how well the rally cars sell so we can expect maybe 6+ cars from them next year. The rally versions sell out most of the time whereas the road cars are often left so end up in the otto web shop
how about a small company producing very high quality (BBR, MR level) and detailed 1/18 models with openings, engine details, PE parts, cabling, etc.
and all collection will be rally themed from past to today?
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:21 am

never work in todays climate omer, the price you pay for high-end stuff like BBR would scare the majority of collectors off..... the economic situation differs all over the world i know, but here in uk the model market has crashed over the last few years, people now refusing to pay over £100 for high-quality Autoart stuff which reached double that amount not long ago...we must be realistic m8 about what the ordinary, non-rich, collector can afford.... Crying or Very sad
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Just received my Otto pikes peak.......took me 6 days to unbox and 2 gin and tonics to get it set up. I fugging love Otto rally cars!
Got another couple of s1's on the way their rally cars are awesome however will probably miss out on this one. If it ain't been arched, spoilered and spotlighted to the max I'm not interested.......afro 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:47 pm

cheers  lol!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 am

bmd wrote:never work in todays climate omer, the price you pay for high-end stuff like BBR would scare the majority of collectors off..... the economic situation differs all over the world i know, but here in uk the model market has crashed over the last few years, people now refusing to pay over £100 for high-quality Autoart stuff which reached double that amount not long ago...we must be realistic m8 about what the ordinary, non-rich, collector can afford.... Crying or Very sad
thanks Billy for sharing your opinions Wink
but, as far as I have seen the UK market is one of the most expensive markets in case of die-cast model sales. the models that I am buying here are at least 30-40% more expensive at your end... this can't be just the transportation cost?

and for the high end & detailed rally models, I guess many of us would pull the trigger and go for a non existing rally cars in limited editions such as Subaru, Mitsubishi, Toyota etc....
I would love to have an old era car such as Toyota Celica or a Mitsubishi evo3 in my collection.
even though OTTO is doing a great job filling this space with old time rally cars but they are still french or french connection... why not to have Ari Vatanen Manta Wink or Kankkunen in a Peugeot 205 T16 E2?

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

i think they use the transportation/import costs as the main reason/excuse for the price hikes m8, but some of the guys on here who do a bit of retail would know better....
totally agree about older cars needing done by somebody...hopefully they will appear some day....and re the vatanen manta.............have one already m8 cheers  plus the kankkunen 205 would be do-able with a converted solido base.....Wink 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:08 am

omer yetis wrote:
bmd wrote:never work in todays climate omer, the price you pay for high-end stuff like BBR would scare the majority of collectors off..... the economic situation differs all over the world i know, but here in uk the model market has crashed over the last few years, people now refusing to pay over £100 for high-quality Autoart stuff which reached double that amount not long ago...we must be realistic m8 about what the ordinary, non-rich, collector can afford.... Crying or Very sad
but, as far as I have seen the UK market is one of the most expensive markets in case of die-cast model sales. the models that I am buying here are at least 30-40% more expensive at your end... this can't be just the transportation cost?

and for the high end & detailed rally models, I guess many of us would pull the trigger and go for a non existing rally cars in limited editions such as Subaru, Mitsubishi, Toyota etc....
I would love to have an old era car such as Toyota Celica or a Mitsubishi evo3 in my collection.
even though OTTO is doing a great job filling this space with old time rally cars but they are still french or french connection... why not to have Ari Vatanen Manta ;)or Kankkunen in a Peugeot 205 T16 E2?

They could well do a Kankunen 205 because it's a peugeot, french car innit?

Regarding British prices we are known as "rip-off" Britain.
I swear it's an experiment to see how far you can profit from a nation before they kick off!
See gas, transport, power, education costs for more extortionate pricing strategies Very Happy Wink 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am

good call justin!! Mad 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:23 am

It does look sweeeeet!
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:20 am

jusali wrote:
omer yetis wrote:

even though OTTO is doing a great job filling this space with old time rally cars but they are still french or french connection... why not to have Ari Vatanen Manta ;)or Kankkunen in a Peugeot 205 T16 E2?

I swear it's an experiment to see how far you can profit from a nation before they kick off!
See gas, transport, power, education costs for more extortionate pricing strategies Very Happy;) 
cheers Justin!
any suggestions to sell to UK from China? Smile
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 am

omer yetis wrote:
jusali wrote:
omer yetis wrote:

See gas, transport, power, education costs for more extortionate pricing strategies Very Happy;) 
cheers Justin!
I'd recommend selling to UK your profit margins would be superb! What have you got in mind?
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

well, Billy says modellers got poorer and don't want to spend on expensive models.
besides, I am in textile, producing fabrics or any other item you guys believe we can produce here I can handle it...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 pm

sorry omer, maybe its just me m8!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Billy;

frankly speaking, I can also see that people don't want to spend money on models these days as well. it's not only you but me either.
but at the same time, if I bump into a model which is limited, nice and detailed, I think once more and if I can effort I'm getting it.
and at the same time, I would love to have highly detailed and quality rally models in my collection. especially, if they are part of the rally history that are not produced earlier. or even like 205T16 or any other cars being produced earlier, I still believe they have very poor qualities while they deserve better.. if we talking about code3 builds, you need to put a lot of effort to paint them, scratch build parts, decals etc... at the end of the day, some of the code3 models would cost more then 3-4 models...
anyway, this is just my personal opinion and looking forward seeing more brands/models in 1/18 scale.
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

omer yetis wrote:
jusali wrote:
omer yetis wrote:

cheers Justin!

Omer. I would buy alot more from China but i have found of late especially in my line of work that Customs are clamping down on cheaper imports from other countries. Not just China but Japan, Hong Kong, USA and the like. They seem to be hitting out with there Customs Charges (vat) all the time. Where will this end. I don't know but it has made me very cautious.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Neutral  good point chris......
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Otto have a road version 205 T16. The 205 won Monte Carlo in 84 and I think Corsica too, which are both French events. A Vatanen version might happen if the trend towards the rally car models being French events.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Just bumped into the BMW in my 1987 rallycourse book p96. Didn't realise it was Rothmans liveried, just had a remix.......now what can I sell to fund this? afro 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 pm

These are now available for ordering-got mine in yesterday and it s confirmed today-yea haaa. bounce bounce bounce 
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 pm

congrats rory...that's a very quick confirmation, usually takes about a week.....is it def a confirmation that you have been allocated them, or just that your pre-order has been acknowledged...?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 pm

bmd wrote:congrats rory...that's a very quick confirmation, usually takes about a week.....is it def a confirmation that you have been allocated them, or just that your pre-order has been acknowledged...?
Have an order number and they are paid for already. You have to pay for them within 7 days of the pre-order acknowledgment or else it gets cancelled.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:11 am

RORY O CONNOR wrote:
bmd wrote:congrats rory...that's a very quick confirmation, usually takes about a week.....is it def a confirmation that you have been allocated them, or just that your pre-order has been acknowledged...?
Have an order number and they are paid for already. You have to pay for them within 7 days of the pre-order acknowledgment or else it gets cancelled.
Hmmm, I have not missed out when ordering as long as I pay by the 1st of the month they are due in. This BMW is due to be paid for by 1 January.

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 am

same here mal.............hhmmm............ ah well, time will tell I suppose......Rolling Eyes  Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next