Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast?

+2
newt5550
Sal
6 posters

Go down

What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast? Empty What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast?

Post  Sal Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Got several Neo and Ixo models that would like to attach extra roof aerials to etc but worried about reaction with the paint especially on the Neo cars. Whats everyone using and is there anything new on the market for this job?

Sal

Back to top Go down

What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast? Empty Re: What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast?

Post  newt5550 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

I've always used Loctite Super Glue Power Flex Gel Control. Thats what it's say on the tube. Never had a problem yet.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast? Empty Re: What adhesive to use on painted models resin and diecast?

Post  Sal Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:50 am

Many thanks for the tip!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I use Humbrol Clearfix and that works well whether it's an IXO or NEO model. Thankfully it doesn't work so well on my fingers!  lol!  Always dries clear, as the name suggests, which is what I need on my models.

I have resprayed on NEO model to date and found the paint (Halfords rattlecan) reacted with the paint applied by Mr NEO, despite using a primer coat. I suspect that a different type of paint (acrylic?) would not react that way and I'm also wondering if an etch primer might prevent future paint problems.

Haven't tried Loctite Super Glue Power Flex Gel Control yet. Sounds a mouthful!!  drunken 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Try saying when youve had a few  Laughing   drunken 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I use clear fix for light lenses and glass as it doesn't smog up the part. It works too for other fittings but it take a while to set.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  modelrallysport.com Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:30 am

IF all else fails PVA Glue is what I use

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Formula 560, used it on a few Spark Models takes a while to set though
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down