Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork 20 Rally 2014 Model display

+14
Cowley
newt5550
potiman
Zeus
reeft1
brian
Ted Creedon
rally143
Niallod
RORY O CONNOR
sbuckley
JOB
Juha
turn the wheel
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cork 20 Rally 2014 Model display - Page 3 Empty Re: Cork 20 Rally 2014 Model display

Post  newt5550 Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Absolutely cracking photo's. Well done to all involved for putting on such great displays. Pity something like that couldn't be done over here on a rally somewhere.

Am i correct in saying that the yellow car at the bottom left on the Cronin models is a Proton. If so i want one. Very Happy Who makes them please bounce
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Cork 20 Rally 2014 Model display - Page 3 Empty Re: Cork 20 Rally 2014 Model display

Post  JOB Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am

One model I had hoped to be ready in time for the display but alas it was not to be was the Cecil Vard 1951 Monte Carlo Mark V Jag in which he finished third overall. The Neo base model is proving difficult to modify . There is a Polish guy on ebay doing lots of old Monte Carlo decals and he has just done the decals for this Jag. There are two sets remaining on ebay. I had to get him to change the decals to put the EIR plate on the rear (not GB as he had done) and include a small tricolour (Irish flag) for the front grill. I hope to have it ready now for the Irish National Championship prizegiving which is named in his honour. This is not a cheap model with the base alone costing approx 60 euro incl postage, the sunroof needs closing , steering moved, interior and probably exterior respraying, etc But it is a link with our rallying past and the Irish Jaguar Club have been helpful in getting info to enable the model be done.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3