Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo

Go down

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo Empty Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo

Post  omer yetis Sat May 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello everyone!!!

As you most of you aware I am collecting 1/18 rally car models and besides trying my best to custom build in some of the existing 1/1 rally cars in 1/18 scale.
This week I would like to share my latest custom build rally model in 1/18. I believe this model is one of the most important for me. The reason of it's importance is coming from its decals.
These decals were prepared and printed by a good friend of mine, Halil Akaryildiz from Turkey. He spend many hours studying on the original car and the sponsor logos.
When he first share his idea of this project with me, I pushed him to finish his model as early as possible Smile because I was also looking forward to build one for my self. and would like to thank him once again in here for sharing his passion, his intensive labour of crating those decals with me...

Actually, he build this model earlier then me and shared on his thread.. I would like to remind his beautiful creation once more...

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC_0115_resize

The model, we have created is a replica of a successful driver from Spain. Dani Sordo is a very talented and fast driver, especially in tarmac rallies.
He is one of the skillful Spanish drivers that Carlos Sainz introduced to World rally championship.
After his many success in Spanish rally championship the local federation (RACC) supported this young driver to start to compete abroad. and earlier he started his international career with JWRC, PWRC and finally in WRC. before he started his career in WRC he became the JWRC champion with a Citroen C2 S1600.
and in 2006 he started his WRC category on a Citroen (Kronos) Junior team Xsara WRC in season opener Monte Carlo rally.

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo 220px-Daniel_Sordo

I believe he achieved a good result finishing the MC in 8th position in his first WRC experience.

http://www.ewrc-results.com/final.php?e=1

Later in the season, Dani also joined Sebastien Loeb in Citroen Team (Kronos) as second driver.
This is the short story of the model that I have tried to replicate this time..

Citroen Xsara WRC
2006 Monte Carlo Rally, #26
Dani Sordo & Marc Marti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfu4TpZgus

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo Sordo_1

The base model was AA 1/18 scale Plain body Xsara WRC. and I have used the decals prepared and printed by Halil Akaryildiz.

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo 80439_citroen_white

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08353

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08355

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08346

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08350

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08349

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08348

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08351

and here is a small delight...
Dani Sordo, started his first official drive in the Citroen team after they got back to the championship in 2007 with a C4 WRC and he finished the rally 2nd!

Citroen Xsara WRC, 2006 Monte Carlo Rally #26, Dani Sordo DSC08358

I hope you guys do like my latest 2 models in my custom builds...

Wishing you guys a great weekend full of rally Wink

by the way, Dani Sordo is competing in IRC Tour de Corse rally this weekend with a Mini Countryman S2000 car and he is leading the rally...

http://www.ircseries.com/

all the best...
Omer
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down