Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is everyone?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

+18
mconboy
focussimo
scottedogg
Sal
Cowley
modelrallysport.com
Ryan_C
Hampton Caught
srsmodels
mcm motorsport
Speedy
borbase
Cazzo
focuswrc
Dr Tumbo
newt5550
bmd
Beaney
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where is everyone?????????!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everyone?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  bmd Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm

david, glad to hear you back on m8, sometime other things rightly have to take priority....anyway, good to hear you Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone?????????!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everyone?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi David,

Good to see you back here again. Glad to hear all is well. Very Happy

I've just read your post about visiting the Goodwood Festival of Speed with your Dad. What lovely memories that must have left for you. I can understand your reluctance about revisiting the event as a normal punter after enjoying the gilt-edged hospitality! Cool Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 am

Thank you Billy - it's nice to 'be back'! It's actually quite refreshing to step back from models for a couple of weeks for a short break, as it seems to sharpen your skills, renews your enthusiasm, and also makes you appreciate it all a little more. Well, it does with me anyway chap! Wink

Cheers Steve, and yes you are so right - I have very happy memories of the 'gilt-edged' Goodwood weekend with Dad! I'd love to own a car worthy of an invite from the organisers! Shocked It would be such a fitting tribute to my Dad knowing that I can say "See Dad, I did manage to honour your dream, and actually get invited back!".
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Took a few days off after Goodwood before I start job searching in earnest. Plans to be the next Modelzone have been put on ice for now...

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  scottedogg Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Evening lads!

I haven't been on the forum lately either as things have been very busy with me. Planning my wedding day is the biggest reason. Ah... who am I kidding? My future wife did most of it lol! Rolling Eyes Laughing My 'Big Day' is 20th July and it's getting ever closer. I remember when people were saying to me 'Well Scott, another year to go til the wedding and you'll be having to sell your models to pay for it'. Thankfully I've not had to part with the really good stuff yet. Wink

What's married life like then? Have any of you got any tips for me? I think I should start with Mark (Beaney) as he recently tied the knot. Hope married life is going well for you both Mark! Smile

--------
Scott

scottedogg

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 am

best of luck for the big day scott. any nerves yet?!!
i'll look after your models for ya if you find the need Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  scottedogg Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 am

I'm sure you would lol! I'm impressed by the haul of new additions you've added recently. Some very nice builds there as well Paul. Health to enjoy mate! Very Happy

As for my pre wedding nerves, I'm just trying not to think much about it until the day comes. I'll be grand once I get a few bevvies down my neck lol! drunken

--------
Scott

scottedogg

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Have a good day Scott.
Always remember women are always right even if they are wrong, but just smile and nod and everything will be ok Laughing
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Hey Scott,

It sounds like you're doing alright so far! You've not been on here much as you know where your priorities are and you've 'delegated' the wedding plans to your better half. Sounds like you've been married for years!!

Thinking of which, my wife and I racked up 20 years of marriage a couple of months back so I feel in a position to pass on some advice on the subject! Smile Work hard on being friends with eachother, not just now but throughout your lives together. If you can share an interest, all the better. Don't let the sun go down on an argument - important one that, otherwise things rumbe on and you stop communicating, and no-one can have a relationship without communicating. (Using 'anglo-saxon' doesn't count).

Always respect each other, give each other some space to do your own thing and for right now, two pieces of advice.... 1) On the big day, make sure you spend time with eachother! Sounds daft I know, but more than once I've heard bride and groom comment, 'where have you been' towards the end of the day. You've spent a lot of time (and money) planning the one day, make sure you enjoy it together!! 2) Plan to have a long weekend, short break or something similar a few weeks/ months after your wedding. It's important to have something special to look forward to after the day itself!!

Hope that helps! Very Happy Enjoy every step you take, together. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  scottedogg Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for the kind words and sentiments guys. Smile It means a lot to hear that advice, but you're absolutely right about enjoying the day 'together'. We get married on the Friday but don't go on honeymoon until the Monday, so we get the weekend to recover, which I'm glad about. Laughing It'll all be worth it though lol! Wink

--------
Scott

scottedogg

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Brought this back up again...........

Never known the forum so quiet

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  focussimo Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:28 pm

hello everyone

I'm in the South of France for the moment Cool
no time for drawing or building models ... it's time for the rosé and the Pastis
focussimo
focussimo

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Everybody is either making most of the weather. Bbq's etc. On holiday. Or watching the Olympics. Got to admit i wasn't bothered about them but i watched some early on and it's quite addictive.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 pm

working a lot lately...........only get on now and again at the moment, too much to do around the house/garden/car, etc.....but nightshifts come in handy lol!!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 pm

i keep checking in.....mostly on spammers!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad but im flat out at the olde tractors this time of the year.
we'll all be back here soon again when the dark evenings are back! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Running after bags of wind this time of the year and abit of tractor work as well. Its a red one Paul before you ask lol! lol!
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

mconboy wrote:Running after bags of wind this time of the year and abit of tractor work as well. Its a red one Paul before you ask lol! lol!

ahh now maurice,i thought you had a bit of sense! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm

I probably wont be on the next few days.. lol bounce
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Beaney wrote:I probably wont be on the next few days.. lol bounce

there will be some bumps when ya return then! lol

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm

ahh now maurice,i thought you had a bit of sense!
Smile not abit Paul. Gathered last few tonight championship match tomorrow evening and italy next week keep me out of bother Smile
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:57 pm

lol no no, bumps are done for now... Very Happy
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

mconboy wrote:Running after bags of wind this time of the year and abit of tractor work as well. Its a red one Paul before you ask lol! lol!

So, will that be a Ferrari or a Ducati tractor, then? OK, I'll get my coat!! Red ones always used to be Massey Fergusons when I was growing up. Has that changed?? Wink Oh, and according to my wife, I'll be able to help you on the other matter. Apparently, I always have bags of wind! Very Happy

Haven't been posting too much here recently myself - blame a mixture of work (boo, hiss!) making models (a model of Rob Gibson's MG Metro 6R4 for the fella himself which I'll be presenting him with at Lydden Hill over the August Bank Holiday weekend) and buying a 'new' full-size car. I picked up a beautiful, 1983 Austin Metro Vanden Plas which I'll be sorting (not too much to do) ready for when my son passes his driving test. Oh, and I'm making a model based on the car as well, using a NEO model as a donor. bounce

Enjoy the summer, guys. Keep safe and keep smiling whatever you're doing. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 am

Enjoy the summer, guys

oh we are steve, it started on tuesday and is due to finish on saturday, that'l be the ulster summer over for another year........................ sunny
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 am

[quote]So, will that be a Ferrari or a Ducati tractor, then? OK, I'll get my coat!! Red ones always used to be Massey Fergusons when I was growing up. Has that changed?? Oh, and according to my wife, I'll be able to help you on the other matter. Apparently, I always have bags of wind!
lol! lol!
Good man Steve still the massey Paul will be editing these posts Smile
Maybe a bang on the head might cure the bag of wind for once and all think the other might be just a male problem Embarassed lol!
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 am

[quote="mconboy"]
So, will that be a Ferrari or a Ducati tractor, then? OK, I'll get my coat!! Red ones always used to be Massey Fergusons when I was growing up. Has that changed?? Oh, and according to my wife, I'll be able to help you on the other matter. Apparently, I always have bags of wind!
lol! lol!
Good man Steve still the massey Paul will be editing these posts Smile
Maybe a bang on the head might cure the bag of wind for once and all think the other might be just a male problem Embarassed lol!

ooooo immmmm tempted! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum